6 replies to this topic

#1 elfkin

elfkin

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 05:35 PM

We came down with colds this week. I called a few companies to check meds. I needed gluten-free med. for my dh and my dd. I was a little confused by the response of "gluten free ingredients, but haven't tested the final product". Does anyone have comments on this? Also, I think maybe the safe children's tylenol list has changed. I thought the chewable tablets were okay, but I didn't see them on the list. Can anybody help me out with this? We don't use much OTC meds. at all, so this is an area where I am floundering a bit.
Mother to Whit (celiac and food allergies diagosed 11/04, gluten-free ever since), Addie (gluten intolerant - gluten-free since 1/06) and wife to Tim (celiac and gluten-free since 1/06)
Gluten free/Peanut/Nut free house!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 sspitzer5

sspitzer5

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 05:42 PM

We came down with colds this week. I called a few companies to check meds. I needed gluten-free med. for my dh and my dd. I was a little confused by the response of "gluten free ingredients, but haven't tested the final product". Does anyone have comments on this? Also, I think maybe the safe children's tylenol list has changed. I thought the chewable tablets were okay, but I didn't see them on the list. Can anybody help me out with this? We don't use much OTC meds. at all, so this is an area where I am floundering a bit.

I just checked on Mucinex (as I am about to cough up a lung myself) this morning and their web site says it is gluten free.

I've taken Nyquil liquid caps before, but I don't have the current info on it, so I'm not completely sure.

S

#3 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 06:24 PM

I can't say about the Tylenol children's, but the other response is a CYA in case something tiny amount of gluten gets in somehow somewhere. Very few companies of any kind test their products for gluten. I'd use it without hesitation as long as they're telling you the ingredients aren't supposed to have gluten, especially with medications.

richard

#4 Merika

Merika

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:29 PM

Boiron's Cold Calm is gluten-free. It's easy-to-take homeopathic meds available at Whole Foods and some drug stores.

most of Boiron's meds are gluten-free - I forget the ones that aren't, but they list the latin name for wheat or something on them - better yet, they'll tell you when you call the 800 number which ones to avoid. The Occillococcinum for flues is also gluten-free.

Merika

#5 i canary

i canary

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:31 AM

Cold-Eeze is gluten free.
“This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws.”

#6 Mango04

Mango04

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:45 AM

you might want to check out www.glutenfreedrugs.com
"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

#7 terri

terri

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:39 AM

I have been horribly sick all morning after taking Robitussin CF max so I called them and asked if it was gluten free. She said they use no gluten ingredients but do not test for gluten and cannot verify what the manufacturers do. In other words, it is susceptible to cross contamination. So, another to cross off my list. :(
Terri
Northern Virginia

gluten-free since March 27, 2004

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: