Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

gluten-free Cold Medicine And Such

7 posts in this topic

We came down with colds this week. I called a few companies to check meds. I needed gluten-free med. for my dh and my dd. I was a little confused by the response of "gluten free ingredients, but haven't tested the final product". Does anyone have comments on this? Also, I think maybe the safe children's tylenol list has changed. I thought the chewable tablets were okay, but I didn't see them on the list. Can anybody help me out with this? We don't use much OTC meds. at all, so this is an area where I am floundering a bit.

Ads by Google:
We came down with colds this week. I called a few companies to check meds. I needed gluten-free med. for my dh and my dd. I was a little confused by the response of "gluten free ingredients, but haven't tested the final product". Does anyone have comments on this? Also, I think maybe the safe children's tylenol list has changed. I thought the chewable tablets were okay, but I didn't see them on the list. Can anybody help me out with this? We don't use much OTC meds. at all, so this is an area where I am floundering a bit.

I just checked on Mucinex (as I am about to cough up a lung myself) this morning and their web site says it is gluten free.

I've taken Nyquil liquid caps before, but I don't have the current info on it, so I'm not completely sure.

S

I can't say about the Tylenol children's, but the other response is a CYA in case something tiny amount of gluten gets in somehow somewhere. Very few companies of any kind test their products for gluten. I'd use it without hesitation as long as they're telling you the ingredients aren't supposed to have gluten, especially with medications.

richard

Boiron's Cold Calm is gluten-free. It's easy-to-take homeopathic meds available at Whole Foods and some drug stores.

most of Boiron's meds are gluten-free - I forget the ones that aren't, but they list the latin name for wheat or something on them - better yet, they'll tell you when you call the 800 number which ones to avoid. The Occillococcinum for flues is also gluten-free.

Merika

Cold-Eeze is gluten free.

you might want to check out www.glutenfreedrugs.com

I have been horribly sick all morning after taking Robitussin CF max so I called them and asked if it was gluten free. She said they use no gluten ingredients but do not test for gluten and cannot verify what the manufacturers do. In other words, it is susceptible to cross contamination. So, another to cross off my list. :(