Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Traveling To France & Germany

29 posts in this topic

I found this link, which I think is really helpful--its just like our lists of foods we can eat and cannot eat, except its in french, so if you see the forbidden things (in the right column) on menus or product labels, then you'll know to steer clear of them.

http://www.maladiecoeliaque.com/rsgregime3.htm

I'm going to Paris next month, so if anyone sees any good info that's not already listed on the boards, please let me know.

Ads by Google:

I don't mean to butt into a conversation, but I just wanted to clarify...

What makes bratwurst potentially unsafe to eat in a restaurant is the spices in it? So the actual inside is completely meat and no gluten filler?

I too am going to be backpacking through berlin for a couple of days and am a celiac with very limited german skills (introductory german from about 8 years ago).

So far I've read that currywurst should be okay, and now have your recommendation of German chocolate. I REALY want to try traditional german foods while in Germany... But I don't want to be ill, especially while traveling...

Any suggestions on 'traditional' dishes (other than currywurst, pork knuckle, chocolate)...

Thank you!!!! (Danke)

Twinkle, please be aware that anything you've read in this thread is now 6 years old. You might want to start a new thread.

richard

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Acne are not itchy or only mildly itchy and they look like red bumps with or without white centers. The bumps are quite separated from each other. What did you start to eat after going gluten-free? More fruits and sugary foods? This can trigger acne.  http://www.ehealthstar.com/conditions/acne-vulgaris Dermatitis herpetiformis can be very itchy and the bumps are more close together and they tend to crust over.  
    • What about Xanthan gum?  It really bothers me, so I avoid most commercially processed gluten-free breads, etc.  Never bothers my hubby though.  
    • I use to get them before I went gluten-free.  I stopped eating oats because it also does give me canker sores and causes my toes to get cracked underneath.  
    • I had quite a few of the medical problems that you have before I figured out that gluten was the problem. I can’t do basic math or writing when I eat gluten also I get depressed, irritable, low energy, etc. The best route to go is to do an elimination diet and monitor how certain foods affect you. I eliminated MSG (Monosodium Glutamate), Nitrite, and oat based on the reactions that I get once I consume them. You must be disciplined on a gluten free diet, there is not such a thing as –It is just one cookie! If you can manage to go 100% gluten-free for three weeks and you see those problems going away, you will have a good idea if that is the cause of your problems. The blood test I did after being gluten-free for two years came back negative so the doctor just make me feel that I was crazy and making things up. I have a stool test done which came back with elevated igA also a gene test indicating I have two genes that code for gluten sensitivity. My lactose intolerance went away too, eating a lot of cheese now. Rash in arms? gone, Brown spots in teeth? Gone, Intestinal noises? Gone, Lack of bladder control? Gone, Constipation? Gone, and a lot others.   
    • Oh you're most welcome!  Another thing --- no steroids, oral or injected for 2 months prior to a dh biopsy. Lay off any topical steroid creams for 2 weeks prior. Really, stand your ground with them. It would also be great if you can get a friend or family member to go with you in case they take the biopsy from somewhere that you can't see such as the back of your neck. Your friend/family member can watch to make sure they don't take it directly ON a lesion. Do you have a primary care doc? You can also go to that doc & ask for a full celiac panel PLUS an eTG or TG3. 60% of people with dh test negative on the celiac blood panel but maybe you're one of the 40% who will test positive. It's worth a shot.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    GKosmac