4 replies to this topic

#1 mysterypain

mysterypain

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 12:40 PM

Hi everyone! :D This is my first time posting but I have been doing alot of reading here. I am being tested for celiac and am very confused about the symptoms. :( I am confident that my doctor ordered the test based on information I have given her over the past three years. I have had every test there is I am sure! My heart has been tested and I have had MRI and catscan to test for tumors and MS. I have alot of the symptoms that show up here on your board but one is not mentioned. My question is do any of you get pain between the shoulder blades that goes through you like a knife? I have episodes of this pain that stop me dead in my tracks. I call it white pain.....the kind that takes you over and makes you wish you could just die and get it over. :blink: I have had three children, naturally! When I have this pain I say I would rather be having a fourth child! It feels like a heart attack. My doc has checked into it and says my heart is normal and it is nothing to worry about ,but with this idea of me possibly having celiac I can't help but wonder if it could be connected. I am very confused about this disease and need some help sorting out what is caused by the food I eat and what is not related. I do get very dizzy and lose some of the feeling on my right side when I am not careful with my diet. I get horrible abdominal pain an feel soooo tired I cannot walk very far, I also have been suffering terrible migraines. I am sorry this is so long, I really have come to a point of total desperation.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 seeking_wholeness

seeking_wholeness

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 01:13 PM

I'm not sure if your mystery pain is food-related or not. Are you keeping a food diary? If you write down everything you ingest and the timing of your symptoms, you might notice a pattern.

I doubt this is the same sort of pain that you have, but I have had a "mystery pain," too. I started experiencing it before I got pregnant with my first child, and I remember it being especially frequent during my second pregnancy, but I haven't had it in quite a while now. It was a throbbing pain that "blossomed" from the area right below my shoulder blades, just to the left side of my spine. It was intense, and my heart would pound and I would breathe heavily while it lasted (maybe 30 seconds?). I remember worrying that I had an aneurysm! Now I wonder if it might have originated in my stomach, instead. I'll probably never know!

Where exactly are you in the testing process? Do let us know when you have your results! Good luck!
Sarah
gluten-free since November 1, 2003

#3 paulstefano

paulstefano

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:06 PM

I just had this happen last week. It's got to be a weird coincidence, though. I was carrying a heavy object over my head at the time. All of a sudden, I had a stabbing pain in my back, right between the shoulder blades. It never went away though. I've had back pain ever since, for about a week. I have to think it's a muscle pull, not related to celiac, but you never know.

#4 j9n

j9n

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 02:42 PM

I get this pain too. When I had my endoscopy they found a hiatal hernia and ulcers on my esophogus from reflux which is causing my pain. I also get some pain when swallowing at times, like the food is getting stuck (which it is).

#5 GEF

GEF

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 04:59 PM

Just wondering... did your doctor check your gallbladder? I've heard that pain in your shoulder area can happen when you have stones, debilitating abdominal pains accompany.

Good luck in finding your answers.. hope you feel better soon!

Gretchen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: