This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Aldi's Foods!

Becky6

Becky6 Enthusiast

I was there yesterday and found a brand called Asia. They have rice noodles and rices that list gluten free right on the back and the front says suitable for vegetarians and gluten free! I was so excited! Then I found that several of their Grandessa fries and other frozen items had gluten-free on them! I didn't have a lot of time but am wondering if more things have gluten-free on them? Just wanted to share this discovery!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nettiebeads Apprentice
I was there yesterday and found a brand called Asia. They have rice noodles and rices that list gluten free right on the back and the front says suitable for vegetarians and gluten free! I was so excited! Then I found that several of their Grandessa fries and other frozen items had gluten-free on them! I didn't have a lot of time but am wondering if more things have gluten-free on them? Just wanted to share this discovery!

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing. I don't know why I don't shop at Aldi's more that I do, it's just a little ways down the street from Wal-Mart in my town. I will make a mental note to start shopping there more.

kevsmom Contributor
That is so cool! Thanks for sharing. I don't know why I don't shop at Aldi's more that I do, it's just a little ways down the street from Wal-Mart in my town. I will make a mental note to start shopping there more.

I see that you live in MO. I thought that maybe you were in Hanover, PA. Aldi's is right down the street from Wal-Mart there too. ;)

Cindy

• 2 months later...
Guest nini

I've sent Aldi two lists of products to verify if they are gluten-free or not and so far this is what I've gotten back

1)

We would like to assure you that there is no gluten/wheat product or byproducts in any of our canned vegetables, which would include Happy Harvest Whole, Diced, and Stewed tomatoes, Natures Nectar tomato juice, and Happy Harvest Cut and French style green beans.

Sincerely,

Connie Gast

The Beckman and Gast Co.

2)

We have been notified by Aldi Inc. concerning your nutritional inquiry on the Happy Harvest frozen vegetables. We have been identified as the supplier of these products.

All of the plain Happy Harvest vegetables (broccoli cuts, cut corn, corn on the cob, peas, broccoli stir fry and California blend) are both gluten and wheat free.

We value you as a loyal Aldi consumer and appreciate your concern.

Sincerely,

Chad

consumer Relations Analyst Birds Eye Foods

3)

Thank you for your letter inquiring about gluten in Aldi's Toasty Puffs Miniature Marshmallows.

This product contains no gluten or alcohol derived from wheat, either as an ingredient or processing aid and is casein free. Our marshmallow ingredients are corn based. Our product contains no milk, eggs, or peanuts, either as an ingredient or processing aid. The flavoring used in our marshmallows is a blend of natural and artificial vanilla. Blue dye is used as a "whitening" agent to enhance the whiteness of the marshmallows: it is less than 1% of the ingredients.

We only manufacture marshmallows so there is no possibility of cross contamination from other products.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for your concern.

Sincerely,

Betty Tarzian

Consumer Affairs Doumak

(this company also makes Fireside Marshmallows, Campfire marshmallows and Rocky Mountain Marshmallows)

Becky6 Enthusiast

Cool! Thanks! Keep me updated!

Guest nini
Cool! Thanks! Keep me updated!

you got it babe!

Guest nini

responses I received today

1) We are in receipt of your inquiry asking whether Happy Farms Cheese/Cream Cheese is gluten free.

We do not intentionally add gluten to our products. However, we don't screen our ingredients to insure they don't have an incidental amount of gluten either. Therefore, we do not guarantee our products are gluten free.

We are sorry we cannot provide the assurance necessary to achieve a gluten free status.

Sincerely,

Lori Piton, Consumer Affairs Schreiber Foods, Inc

2) We are the company which manufactures the Sweet Harvest brown and powdered sugars that are sold at the Aldi stores in your area. We received a copy of your letter to Aldi inquiring about the Gluten status of a variety of products.

We can confirm that the Sweet Harvest brown and powered sugars are Gluten Free. If you need any additional information please feel free to contact us.

Regards,

Stephen Ward, Quality Assurance Manager US Sugar

3) Thank you for takinig the time to contact Aldi about our Brach's Chazoo Fruit Snacks. We do appreciate your inquiry about the gluten status of this product. I regret to inform you that we do not consider any of our products gluten free at this time.

As one of the nations's leading candy manufactureres, we take great pride in our fine line of products, all made from only the highest quality ingredients. It is always rewarding to receive support from consumers like you.

Thanks again for contacting Aldi.

Yours truly,

John R. Lux, Consumer Relations Manager Brach's Confections Inc.

4) Your inquiry regarding Aunt Maples- Syrup has been forwarded to our office, as we are the manufacturer of this product.

The Original Syrup is wheat gluten free.

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Sincerely,

Tammy L. Crino Quality and Product Safety Carriage House Companies, Inc.

5) We recently received a letter from Aldi's Inc. We are the Private Label manufacturer for Aldi, Inc. on the Parkview Beef Smoked Sausage and Polska Kielbasa. Both of these products are Gluten Free. If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to call me at 1-800 KLEMENT, Ext. 244. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Klement Sausage Co., Inc.

Jeff Klement, Vice President, Consumer Affairs

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

Nisla -- THANK YOU for contacting all those people -- and for posting the responses! That's great -- we have an Aldi about 10 minutes from our house! This is REALLY good news! Thanks for posting guys -- you're the greatest :D . . . Lynne

Guest nini
Nisla -- THANK YOU for contacting all those people -- and for posting the responses! That's great -- we have an Aldi about 10 minutes from our house! This is REALLY good news! Thanks for posting guys -- you're the greatest :D . . . Lynne

you are welcome, oh and btw I'm getting all these responses via snail mail so I'm having to retype all the info for y'all as it comes in! I must REALLY love you guys! LOL!

PreOptMegs Explorer

Anyone know about the Fit - N - Active products there?

Guest nini

Oh, and I don't have a typed response for this one because I don't know what I did with the letter, the Grandessa Frozen Fruit Bars are gluten-free... I like the strawberry ones, they also have a Pina Colada flavor, Caribbean Fruit Mix and Lime Pineapple

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

Nisla, you're the best!!! :D:D:D . . . Lynne

Guest nini
Anyone know about the Fit - N - Active products there?

most of their products even if they have the same "brand" label ie: Fit-N-Active, are actually made by at least several different manufacturers. What they suggest you do is write down the particular items you are interested in and send a letter to Aldi's headquarters... they will forward your request for info on to the different manufacturers who will in turn answer your letter directly. That's what I did!

Just send your requests to

Aldi Inc.

Batavia, IL 60510-1477

Archived