#1 leapingllama05

leapingllama05

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 02:04 PM

Hello :)
I'm 17 and I've had celiac for about a year but at first I was in somewhat of a denial and I just continued eating gluten...then I stopped but basically lived off baked potatos, popcorn, diet pop, & rice noodles. I'm tired of that though...and I need some good recipes. I'm also trying to get in great shape for summer-does anyone have any good healthy recipes? I'd appreciate any help...
Thanks, Allison

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 MySuicidalTurtle

MySuicidalTurtle

"Like a rolling stone?"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 03:29 PM

I don't know about healthy things but here are some stuff make. Fried shrimp using rice flour (you can do chicken strips, too), I like to use Kinnikinnick english muffins and toast them and eat tons of egg sandwiches with lettuce and cheese and toppings, wow these really aren't recipes, hmmm, I can't think now but I hoped I helped. Oh, you can always do salads and fruits!

Kristina

#3 Ashley462

Ashley462

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 12:36 PM

I like raisins, strawberries, peaches, bannanas, cherries, and blueberries.
Also, if you are craving sweets then find a cake recipe and use rice flour to replace flour and Splenda to replace sugar. Splenda is a 0 calorie artificial sweetner WITHOUT aspartame(which is bad for your body)

If you want to shape up for summer start jogging/walking/stretching and lifting light weights. Before you work out, make sure you stock up on protein. Protein helps your muscles build easier. Try fish,eggs, and low-calorie protein bars.

A gluten-free protein bar is GenSoy in Chunky CHocolate peanut butter fudge.

Good luck!

#4 CassandraMajere

CassandraMajere

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

I like salads of mixed baby greens with grilled chicken on top, spinach in meat sauce, black bean and corn enchiladas...the possibilities are really endless

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: