14 replies to this topic

#1 lemonade

lemonade

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:03 PM

Does anyone here get pressure headaches after eating? About 20 minutes after I eat anything I get really bad pressure headaches by my temples and on my forehaead between my eyes.

Lemonade
Lemonade[size=5][font=Century Gothic]

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Rachel--24

Rachel--24

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,323 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:16 PM

I've had this exact symptom for 3 years now. I have intense pressure in my head and its always worse after eating. The veins in my temples and forehead also buldge sometimes. Its also triggered by chemicals of any kind. Its most intense between my eyes, at the temples and also in my jaw. There is swelling as well although its not noticeable to others. Its not gluten-related as far as I know cuz it happens regardless. I just got dx'd with C-Diff infection and am starting treatment tomorrow. Doctor thinks this might be causing alot if not all of my problems...but will have to see what happens following treatment.
Rachel

#3 sspitzer5

sspitzer5

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:38 PM

Does anyone here get pressure headaches after eating? About 20 minutes after I eat anything I get really bad pressure headaches by my temples and on my forehaead between my eyes.

Lemonade

Yes! I get these too. These headaches were one of my worst symptoms. They are better since going gluten-free last year but they still seem to happen at times. I figure it's a reaction to something I am eating, however, I have no idea what.

S

#4 jenvan

jenvan

Lynne took this picture! :)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 05:42 AM

perhaps they are related to blood sugar or due to food allergies/intolerances?
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005
dairy-free

#5 lemonade

lemonade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 07:25 AM

Thanks for the replies!

Lemonade

#6 Rachel--24

Rachel--24

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,323 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:25 AM

perhaps they are related to blood sugar or due to food allergies/intolerances?

For me, I'm pretty sure its from intolerances from my immune system being all whacked out right now and from leaky gut.
Rachel

#7 swatson

swatson

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 04:24 PM

Lemonade

Yes I get pressure head aches too. It is almost like sinus pressure for me. I also get feverish about 1 hour after I eat anything. My forehead and neck get burning hot. I am seeing a derm about this next week.

<_< Celiac Sprue since 1996

#8 slpinsd

slpinsd

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 05:08 PM

I've had this happen to. Also, when I lay down at night after eating, I can hear my head throbbing on the pillow- like my heart is beating in my head- does that happen to anyone?
Weak positive bloodwork (IgG only)
"Mild flattening of villi" noted on endoscopy, but negative biopsy
Positive response to gluten-free Diet 1/14/06
Diagnosed gluten intolerant by Enterolab
HLA-DQB1*0201, 0201 (HLA-DQ2, DQ2)- 2 Celiac Genes
Vitamin B-12 deficiency
Have not received Celiac Diagnosis based on negative biopsy

#9 lemonade

lemonade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 05:17 PM

I've had this exact symptom for 3 years now. I have intense pressure in my head and its always worse after eating. The veins in my temples and forehead also buldge sometimes. Its also triggered by chemicals of any kind. Its most intense between my eyes, at the temples and also in my jaw. There is swelling as well although its not noticeable to others. Its not gluten-related as far as I know cuz it happens regardless. I just got dx'd with C-Diff infection and am starting treatment tomorrow. Doctor thinks this might be causing alot if not all of my problems...but will have to see what happens following treatment.

Do your pressure headaches ever go away? I get pressure headaches after meals expecially at night. They make me feel really sick and dizzy...do you feel the same way?

On a different topic...

Did you have both a positive blood test and biopsy?

Lemonade

#10 swatson

swatson

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 06:01 PM

I've had this happen to. Also, when I lay down at night after eating, I can hear my head throbbing on the pillow- like my heart is beating in my head- does that happen to anyone?

I get the heart pounding feeling when I eat dairy alot. I used to get that feeling at night in bed all the time but once I changed my diet it went away. I used to think I was losing it. I was always told that I was experiencing anxiety symptoms but it wasn't. It was gluten. I used to be able to feel it in my hands.

<_< Celiac Sprue since 1996

#11 Rachel--24

Rachel--24

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,323 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 07:40 PM

Do your pressure headaches ever go away? I get pressure headaches after meals expecially at night. They make me feel really sick and dizzy...do you feel the same way?

On a different topic...

Did you have both a positive blood test and biopsy?

Lemonade

Yeah they were gone all summer when I only ate meat and veggies.
My headaches dont make me feel dizzy though. No I didnt have positive blood or biopsy. My bloodwork was 2 weeks after starting the diet. It was negative so I went back to eating gluten and forgot about it but I got very sick and a couple months later I wasnt able to get out of bed and had lost 25 lbs. I went back on the diet and had my biopsy 6 months later. It was kind of pointless and we knew it was gonna be negative but the GI wanted to take a look anyway and make sure nothing else was going on. I got tested through Enterolab 4 months into the diet and was positive for everything. I didnt want to go back on gluten for the tests and the GI didnt think it would be a good idea either so we just went ahead with the biopsy knowing it wasnt gonna show any damage after 6 months gluten-free.
Rachel

#12 DavidB

DavidB

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 07:48 PM

Yes - I was also diagnosed with an adrenal insufficiency and now wonder if it is related?
Also feel very dizzy and lightheaded after eating especially at night but this is new to me only after starting the gluten-free diet.

#13 Clark Bent as Stupor-Man

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 09:01 PM

these type of headaches were my primary focus for the past 4 or 5 years.. I've pretty much had a headache every day since at least the start of 2003... I've had 2 MRI's, seen multiple doctors, had a glucose tolerance test... all mostly negative (glucose tolerance test - borderline hypoglycemic/reactive hypoglycemia)... I also took daily preventative headache medication for 3 years as well as a variety of meds at the onset of headaches (almost daily in addition to the preventative at one point)

since going on an elimination diet for a brief period of time in early December and now being firmly gluten-free for a month, I stopped daily preventative medication and only use onset medication once or twice a week... (only once in the past 2 plus weeks, knock on wood)... but that's not to say my headaches have gone away... I still get them daily... but I think I'm tolerating them better and they fluctuate naturally in intensity throughout the day... I think for myself, I'm going to have to keep trying some different things (accupuncture, exercise, chiropractor, etc.) in addition to the diet to completely get rid of my headaches, but it seems like the nutritional aspect is helping
- Charlie

- gluten free since January, 2006

- multiple food intolerances temporarily from leaky gut and candida

- positive test for lyme disease - April, 2007

#14 qwertyui

qwertyui

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 02:01 PM

Does anyone get really hot? Like burning sweating hot? I have been getting so hot after I eat, particularily after dinner that I have to go stand outside in the snow! I am 35, so maybe this is early menopause, or something like that, but it pretty wild.

#15 slpinsd

slpinsd

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 08:39 PM

I have had night sweats, and I'm only 31. You are probably not menopausal, but gluten sensitivity can cause some adrenal and/or hormonal imbalances. These have very gradually ceased since I went gluten-free.

DavidB, I also was diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency. Sometimes I feel lightheaded when going from laying down to standing. Yes- it is possibly related. I really think the head-pounding thing is gluten- cuz it's really declined since I went gluten-free 1 month ago. What are your other symptoms of adrenal insufficiency, if you don't mind me asking?
Weak positive bloodwork (IgG only)
"Mild flattening of villi" noted on endoscopy, but negative biopsy
Positive response to gluten-free Diet 1/14/06
Diagnosed gluten intolerant by Enterolab
HLA-DQB1*0201, 0201 (HLA-DQ2, DQ2)- 2 Celiac Genes
Vitamin B-12 deficiency
Have not received Celiac Diagnosis based on negative biopsy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: