- - - - -

Candida Releated Complex

• Please log in to reply

35 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_LisaB_*

Guest_LisaB_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2004 - 03:12 PM

That is all really good information, thank you.

Olive Leaf is great, it helps with many viral infections, I used to take it and forgot about it, thank you for the reminder. Lomatium is also good, especially for Epstein Barr Virus and others. I know that Poe D’Arco is also a good treatment for cancer, so are enzymes, infact some research has been done with injections of enzymes directly into tumors to destroy them and it has worked. I haven't done much research into anti-cancer herbs or supplements.

That is a very good list of things to remember, really good.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 whitelacegal

whitelacegal

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 05:37 AM

that is a real good list but i always thought you was supposed to stay away from all fruit when on this diet cause of the sugar in it? I was on the diet till 2 days ago when i had to take antibiotics again for severe sinus problems and i dont know if they are from yeast or not yet, they want to do a operation! :(

#18 j9n

j9n

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 10:10 AM

This is a very interesting topic. Is this the small as small bowel bacterial overgrowth. My GI keeps mentioning it as a possibility. I have never been able to tolerate sugar, pure sugar makes me very nauseated. I had a month of relief with flagyl and about a week of relief after a small bowel follow through. I have been researching this topic just this morning. I am so sick of being sick. My GI won't let me have any antibiotics until he finds out what is wrong so I am looking for natural remedies. I am going to go low carb and since it the craze right now it should be pretty easy

#19 Guest_LisaB_*

Guest_LisaB_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2004 - 10:46 AM

whitelacegal,

Well first off, I will say that I would not be going the surgery route unless it were unavoidable and by that I mean life threatening and time was running out. Doctors do not have enough respect for the human body and think going around tinkering with it is, cutting into it, pumping you full of whatever chemical is in vogue is fine and dandy.

I respect what surgeons are able to do, it is amazing, but cutting the body effects it more than they have an understanding of and in my opinion, usually isn't even close to necessary. They aren't evil, but you have to remember that they are out to make a buck.

Sinus problems can be a symptom of Candida and there are so many natural alternatives to antibotics (which are only going to worsen your Candida and are bad for the immune system period) that it is a shame. I have heard wonderful things about probiotics, if you do a search on these boards under the word you will see what is said about using them after your treatment (and all the time) and how that may help you recover. Usnea, Elecampagne, Echincea and many other herbs (Kyolic Garlic has no smell and would really help the infection, Olive Leaf is really wonderful as was said) help with both intestinal and sinus infections. Simply rinsing(snorting it up) your nose with salt (sea salt) water helps a lot too.

As far as whether to have fruit in your diet, I have tried the Candida diet and it didn't do a gosh darn thing for me. My original point stands, as I found out, you cannot starve the Candida....if you are actively treating it, you may not want to give it too much fuel (it does grow faster in a sugar rich enviroment) but I don't feel fruit is an issue, it has too many benefits to the immune system and Candida feeds on all carbohydrates, so it is unreasonable to believe you can cut out everything that it could eat.

#20 Guest_LisaB_*

Guest_LisaB_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2004 - 11:02 AM

j9n,

I don't know that there is a specific area of the intestines that Candida gets a foothold, I'm sure it infects different people in different areas to start and then can eventually become a body wide infection (Systematic Candidiasis).

I was trying to remember the probiotic that someone said was gluten-free and worked well for them and I just got it, Primal Defense click here for info: http://www.primaldef...rimaldefcap.htm

I haven't tried it yet, but it sure looks good. Like I said, enzymes and the coconut oil (virgin, preferrable organic) has done good things for me but I know I have a ways to go. And the list that Paul posted is a great source of info.

#21 LUAP

LUAP

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 12:42 PM

WHITELACEGAL

THAT'S A PRETTY GOOD QUESTION ABOUT WETHER EAT FRUIT OR NOT BECAUSE THEY A FULL OF MOLDS. BUT I THINK THE ANSWER COME WITH THE FACT THAT THEY ARE FULL OF ANTI OXYDANT TO, WICH IS GREAT AGAINST CANCER. (BAD FOR MOLDS BUT GOOD AGAINST CANCER.

HERE IS A HYPERLINK OF THE LEVEL OF TOXICITY IN GRAIN. SORRY IF IT'S IN FRENCH.

http://www.maladieco.../rsggrains1.htm

THE GRID SHOWS THAT THE LESS TOXIC GRAIN IS RICE WITH 5 POINT. SO IT'S THE ONLY GRAIN I EAT.

I HAVE FORGOT IN THE LIST:

GOOD BACTERIA

- GREEN PAPAYA

FOOD THAT DESTROYS MOLDS

- OREGANO

- GRAPEFRUIT SEEDS

I AM ALSO GONNA GIVE IT A TRY TO MATÉ, SOMETHING SOUTH AMERICAN (ARGENTINA, BOLIVIA...) ARE DRINKING EVERYDAY AND THAT STIMULATE YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM.

PAUL
Canada
Where the health cares are free, but where the doctors worry more about their bank account than the health of their patients.
gluten-free since april 2003
On the no grain diet (Mercola) and initial phase diet (kaufmann) since january 2005. healthy since january 2005

#22 whitelacegal

whitelacegal

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 07:29 AM

Lisa and paul,
Im so glad that i have you guys to talk to about yeast cause alot of people and doctors dont believe in this concept, do either of you know anything about coconut oil and if this could help someone out with yeast?

#23 whitelacegal

whitelacegal

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 05:46 AM

Hey lisa,
Im going to the gastro doc today again last time i went there he told me that yeast can not get into the intestinal track but ever since my ent doc has me of diflucan i have been alot better with everything, i tell u i feel like im playing a losing battle here, im gonna go to a homeopath doc the end of June that i hope can help me out with this. [FONT=Arial]

#24 Guest_LisaB_*

Guest_LisaB_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2004 - 03:20 PM

Hi, hope your visit goes well. I answered your question about the coconut oil a few days ago, but it disappeared, I must not have clicked "post".

In one of my previous posts I said that Virgin Organic Coconut Oil (NOW brand is what I use) does seem to help. There is a lot of info on these boards about it, do a search under virgin coconut and you will see the discussions and links to more info.

can not get into the intestinal track

Did he say in or out of the intestines?

#25 whitelacegal

whitelacegal

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 07:09 PM

Lisa,
Hey went to gastro today, i told him that i seemed to have yeast in my mouth and he told me that i could not have yeast in my mouth cause im on diflucan which the ent prescribed me, he told me last time that it is not possible to have yeast in your intestines inside, heck he dont even believe its possible to have yeast period! Im not gonna go back to him cause i know i have yeast, had a postive culture of yeast in my mouth last month at the ent office. Im gonna go to a homeopath doc at the end of June i just cant stand this circle of docs anymore!![FONT=Times][FONT=Arial]

#26 Guest_LisaB_*

Guest_LisaB_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2004 - 07:24 PM

Doesn't it make you wonder how someone could be smart enough to get thru med school? Of course, some people are good at one thing...cheating. <_<

#27 whitelacegal

whitelacegal

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 10:49 AM

hey, i just think that doctors are not very open minded about things, they only think one way and that is it, I have yet to find a doc who believes in the yeast problem that some people can have every day, it seems like this is ruining my life and im getting real depressed, the only light at the end of the tunnel is a homeopath doc who treats yeast that im gonna go see at the end of June, i just feel like im playing a losing battle with this!

#28 Guest_cd&dhspruehead_*

Guest_cd&dhspruehead_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2004 - 03:14 PM

I did some diging on the internet and found a web site called www.candidapage.com .there it talked about celiac ,dh, and something called candida witch is yeast senitivity.it talks about things like feeling weak after being expsed to mold or on damp days.This is a good read.check it out.

#29 whitelacegal

whitelacegal

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 09:25 AM

thanks for posting that celiac disease i will take a look at it.

#30 ockham

ockham

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:26 PM

LisaB et al,

Sorry I'm coming late to this topic. Is anybody still interested?

My modest contribution is simply to suggest using Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) to control candidiasis. It's fairly cheap (I'm using the Proseed brand) and seems to be very effective, maybe even moreso when used with Coconut Oil.
I've been on it for about a week and am now feeling the effects, exactly as predicted, of dying candida. The course of treatment is roughly one month.

As I understand it the candida infestation is a consequence of the Gluten Intolerance and the gluten-free diet will probably keep any leftover candida under control once the GSE has done its work.

Please let me know if I'm wrong about any of this.

Try it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: