belching heartburn
migraine headaches
bladder infections
mouth infections / thrush
spots in front of eyes
mental confusion
hay fever

Hi Lisa,

i just now read your post. I guess, i'm too late. Well, but the symptoms sound very familiar. So i thought i might try this virgin coconut oil in the smoothies. I don't like coconut, but i hope you can't taste it anymore in the smoothies.

But my other question is, what enzymes should you take with the coconut oil? Or did i misunderstand that.

And ockham said, he uses Grapefruit Seed Extract? Where can i get that? And do i have to take that together with the coconut oil, or is it working alone, too?

And ockham, you said: 'I've been on it for about a week and am now feeling the effects, exactly as predicted, of dying candida.' What are the effects of dying candida?

I'm looking forward to your replies,
stef
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting
August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)
gluten-free since 07/21/2004
Shermans Dale, PA

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 judy05

judy05

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 10:41 PM

Hi,

I just wanted to know if those of you who are gluten intolerant (not
a definite diagnosis of celiac) and also have candida and get
cured from the candida, do your symptoms of gluten intolerance go away?
I have many,many of these symptoms which of course could be explained
by the gluten but maybe aren't. The only positive I had was an elevated
IGA which came down on a gluten-free diet but my symptoms have never completely
gone away. Is this too much wishful thinking on my part? I would appreciate
any commments. I have a dr's appointment Mon. and I plan on discussing
this with him, also I would like him to order the York tests to find out
what other foods are bothering me. I now seem to be developing an
intolerance to eggs as well as soy and dairy and was recently dx with
Diabetes, having been on the gluten-free diet for one year. When does it end?. :o

The one resolution, which was in my mind long before it took the form of a resolution, is the key-note of my life. It is this,always to regard as mere impertinences of fate the handicaps which were placed on my life almost at the beginning. I resolved that they should not crush or dwarf my soul, but rather be made to blossom, like Aaron's rod, with flowers-Helen Keller

Judy- Gluten Intolerant

#33 kabowman

kabowman

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 06:35 AM

I found this on the Enterolab Web site yesterday:

What about yeast sensitivity?
Although we know less about yeast sensitivity than gluten sensitivity (because the former has been identified and studied for a shorter period of time), we now know that it too can be associated with an immune reaction that damages the intestine and perhaps other tissues in the body. Yeast sensitivity is the only reaction identified to be present in people with a devastating intestinal inflammatory disease called Crohn's disease. Through research, we at Enterolab have identified coexisting yeast sensitivity in at least three-quarters of those we find to be gluten sensitive. This is not surprising since many gluten containing foods also contain yeast (such as brewer's and baker's yeast). We also find that some people get more symptom relief from a gluten-free diet when it is also yeast-free.

I am also going to talk to my PCP when I see her again in Feb to discuss the possiblity of candida but I am doing fine eliminating most of the yeast (as in any added for cooking) and I don't seem to have problems with other foods except now maybe mushrooms. However, I don't know if that is related to my molds allergies, the possible yeast issue, or just a fluke.

-Kate
-Kate
gluten-free since July 2004

Other Intolerances:
Strawberries and Banannas (2007)
Nitrates (April 2006)
Yeast (which includes all vinegar so no condiments) (Oct. 2004)
Peanuts (Nov. 2004)
Soy (Oct. 2004)
Almonds (Sept. 2004)
Corn (Sept. 2004)
Lactose/Casein (1999)

#34 ockham

ockham

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 08:53 AM

Hi Stef, :blink:

If you kill off the Candida at too fast a rate you get a reaction to the toxic waste which is called the Herxheimer Reaction (you might try a Google search). Basically it just means that the Candida symptoms get suddenly worse for a few days before getting better.
The usual advice is simply to cut down on the medication for a while and then increase it again. I.E. You kill off the Candida more slowly.
To avoid this the Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) advice is to take a low dose for one week then a higher dose for two weeks and maybe an even higher dose for a final week if the infection was particularly bad.
Being rather sceptical about GSE (it sounded like snake-oil to me) I started with the middle dose of two tablets per day and after about five days was suddenly hit with the bad reaction (Herxheimer?). I've now reduced it to one per day for a few days and will go back to the two tablets next week. At least I'm now convinced that the stuff is actually working.
The one I bought (at my local healthfood store) has no instructions on the bottle. I found the dosage advice somewhere online. Please do a search yourself and don't trust my failing memory.
I understand also that GSE is often sold as a liquid and you have to count the number of drops that you add to your OJ rather than count the number of tablets. My healthfood store only had the tablets.

I hope this helps.

Ockham.

#35 ockham

ockham

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 09:12 AM

P.S.

I tried the coconut oil some weeks ago and found that the two tablespoons of oil was more than I could stomach. But coconut milk (not coconut water) contains the same beneficial fatty acids and tastes a lot better than oil so I've been taking that instead . . . . . about 10 oz each morning.
In fact I've been cheating a bit and using the powdered form of the coconut milk. It's just spray-dried milk and, I presume, just as good as the canned stuff. But buy the stuff from Thailand, not from Malaysia. (Tastes much better.) A packet each morning with my cereal is about the right dose.
I really don't know if it's doing any good but it does make a nice breakfast.

Ockham

#36 red345

red345

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 07:53 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: