6 replies to this topic

#1 GlutenFreeAl

GlutenFreeAl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 01:29 PM

Anyone have any good relaxation techniques? I've been having a heck of a time sleeping lately...

I've tried relaxing each muscle group, deep breathing, turning my clock away. Nothing works!

Any other thoughts?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 04:53 PM

yoga.
one of the deep breathing techniques that I've used involves counting the breath, but only up to ten, then starting the count over (there's no 'number' to achieve, it's just used as a focus). you can also use a sound to focus on during the breath as well (that's where the chanting of 'om' comes from).
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#3 lorka150

lorka150

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 05:51 PM

I don't know... Sitting back and emailing a good friend? Going across the border? Heading to the outlets? Starting the Broker?
Gluten-free, Vegan

#4 Guest_cassidy_*

Guest_cassidy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2006 - 06:18 PM

I found a celiac disease that works very well. It is called "Prepare for surgery, heal faster." It has a book that talks about surgery, but the celiac disease doesn't mention it at all. It is available on amazon .com. It guides you through relaxing and talks about picturing yourself healthy in the future. As soon as I turn it off, I fall right asleep. Hope that helps.

#5 GlutenFreeAl

GlutenFreeAl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:25 AM

Dude, I finished The Broker in 3 days because I don't ever sleep anymore! And the outlets aren't open at 2:00 am. If they were I'd REALLY never sleep...

Those of you with real suggestions, I appreciate it :P

#6 Mango04

Mango04

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:32 AM

Aromatherapy helps for me. Try burning pure essential lavendar oil in an oil burner (I got a cheap one from Ikea - works great - and you can get the oil from a health food store). I've found it has quite the impact.

Bach's Rescue Remedy is amazing as well. I'm hesitant to recommend it though because I haven't officially confirmed it's gluten-free status. The ingredients are flower essences and alcohol. You just spray it on your tounge. Sounds weird but it really calms the mind. You can find that at a health food store as well.

Another thing you might try is completely unplugging everything in your room. Or get a meditation c.d. Or play calming music. Or do all of the above :)
"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

#7 Guest_cassidy_*

Guest_cassidy_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2006 - 04:22 PM

I just read my post about the relaxation compact disc. Apparently if you type the letters c and d it automatically converts it to celiac disease. So, my original post was about a helpful compact disc called "Prepare for surgery, heal faster."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: