25 replies to this topic

#1 Moongirl

Moongirl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:03 AM

I spoke with the company today and she confirmed that all the shampoos and conditioners were gluten-free. most of the hair styling products are too, but not all...she said that those would have to be called on.

I thought I also read somewhere that pantene was not safe anymore...can anyone confirm that?
Dx & gluten-free since 12/09/05

Positive blood and endo test
Boston, MA

What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 tiredofdoctors!!!

tiredofdoctors!!!

Will NOT let this disease diminish me!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 08:17 PM

Proctor & Gamble will not confirm that Pantene is Gluten Free. That was their reply to me. I am so excited that Fructis is -- I have been looking for a gluten-free shampoo & products -- will call on the ones I plan to buy and will post. Thanks for posting this!!!!!!
Lynne

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try tomorrow".

"There's not a word yet, for old friends we've just met. Part Heaven, part space, or have I found my place? You can just visit, but I plan to stay, I'm going to go back there some day." Gonzo, in the Muppet Movie

#3 Moongirl

Moongirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 08:24 AM

so i started calling around cause i needed to get more options for shampoo's
-gluten-free-
Garnier Fructis
800-442-7643
All Shampoo & Conditioners
Smoothing Milk
Surf Hair Texture spray
Aerosol Hairspray Flexible Hold
Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum
Long & Strong Anti-Split End Treatment
They many more styling products, just give them a call.

Any products by Unliever will clearly list ingredients on the labels
Dove/Axe/Ponds/Vaseline/Thermasilk/Degree/Finesse/Salon Selectives/Suave
800-621-2013

These are not gluten-free as they may contain some gluten from other raw sources, which are not identified…
John Frieda
Infusium
Pantene

I have emailed L’Oreal about their Vive line, so i will let u know.

Boston, MA

#4 Moongirl

Moongirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 10:05 AM

I have emailed L’Oreal about their Vive line, so i will let u know.

February 16, 2006

Thank you for visiting L'Oréal Paris on the Web.

All the ingredients we use in a product are listed on the package or the label of the product itself. For products too small to accommodate the list, we provide separate ingredient lists you may take from the display. Since some ingredients are known by more than one name, we use the standard industry names for ingredients as found in the International Cosmetic Ingredient Dictionary. This dictionary lists FDA-approved names.

If you would like to request an ingredient list for a specific product, please call us at 1-800-631-7358, Monday - Friday, 9 am to 7 pm, ET or write to us at L'Oréal Paris Consumer Affairs, PO Box 98, Westfield, NJ 07091-9911.

We appreciate your interest in L'Oréal Paris and we hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,
Inez Katz
Consumer Affairs Supervisor
Ref # 3408240

Boston, MA

#5 floridanative

floridanative

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 10:53 AM

John Frieda told me this week too that they can not say whether anything in their line is gluten free. I'm givng my products to a freind Sat.

Also, since I have to color my hair about once a month I found out that Nutrisse hair color is gluten free. Yea! No other companies I contacted regarding hair colors could tell me if their products were gluten free or not.
Dx'd with anemia - March 2005
Positive blood tests - Sept. 2005
Positive biopsy - Jan. 2006
Gluten free since 1-23-06

#6 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 11:00 AM

I contacted Loreal by phone about 2 months ago--they told me that the Feria Haircolor (the one I use) has no gluten ingredients whatsoever. I used to use John Freida--loved their straightening balm--but after getting the same response, I got rid of it all, too :(
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#7 happygirl

happygirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,942 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 12:05 PM

I use a bunch of the Dove hair products-love them!

#8 floridanative

floridanative

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 01:10 PM

Patti - thanks for posting about Feria being gluten-free as well. Mine isn't always in stock so I get several boxes at a time but it's good to know I have a back up if need be. The biggest thing that frightened me last fall about gluten was several people posted about not finding any hair colors that were gluten free. Being gray at 30 and now white, I was wondering if I could afford a good wig if I had to stop coloring my hair at this age. Sorry for me white hair at 42 is not okay....dont wont to look like my hubby's mother. He often mistaken to be much younger than he is.
Dx'd with anemia - March 2005
Positive blood tests - Sept. 2005
Positive biopsy - Jan. 2006
Gluten free since 1-23-06

#9 tiredofdoctors!!!

tiredofdoctors!!!

Will NOT let this disease diminish me!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 10:46 PM

L'oreal and Lancome are owned by the same parent company. Estee Lauder, Inc. owns Estee Lauder (of course), Clinique, Mac, Bobbie Brown, Prescriptives, Jane, Origins, Stila, Aveda, Jane, Tommy Hilfiger and LaMer. That's according to the book, "Don't go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me". When I contacted Estee Lauder, Inc. Their blanket statement for ALL of their products, including subsidiary company products, is that they would not guarantee that any of their products are gluten free due to the different companies from which they purchase their ingredients . . . (or something just as hokey as that -- I can't remember :( ). At any rate, thought that might help.
Lynne

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try tomorrow".

"There's not a word yet, for old friends we've just met. Part Heaven, part space, or have I found my place? You can just visit, but I plan to stay, I'm going to go back there some day." Gonzo, in the Muppet Movie

#10 Rusla

Rusla

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:59 AM

I had talked to a fellow about the Pantene pro V Blonde shampoo's etc he said none of them were gluten-free.
Rusla

Asthma-1969
wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980
Multiple food, environmental allergies
allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha
Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975
fibromyalgia-1995
egg allergy-1997
msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972
Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease
gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005
Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005
Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)
Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.

#11 bklynceliac

bklynceliac

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:54 PM

I got this email from Loreal today.

The following list of ingredients that are used in our products, are those that contain wheat and other grains. This list may also be used by the celiac patient to identify gluten-containing ingredients. This list gives the standard industry names for ingredients as found in the International Cosmetic Ingredient Dictionary.

Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour
Cyclodextrin
Dextrin
Dextrin Palmitate
Hydrolyzed Malt Extract
Hydrolyzed Oat Flour
Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein
Hydrolyzed Wheat Flour
Hydrolyzed Wheat Gluten
Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer
Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch
Maltodextrin
Secale Cereale (Rye) Seed Flour
Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract
Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil
Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Gluten
Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Starch
Wheat Amino Acids
Wheat Germ Glycerides
Wheat Germamidopropalkonium Chloride
Wheat Protein
Wheatgermamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate
Yeast Extract

All the ingredients we use in a product are listed on the package or on the label of the product itself. Comparing this list with the ingredients listed on our products will help you to identify the ingredients you would like to avoid.
Diagnosed through Enterolab (9.27.06)
Antigliadin IgA 164 (Normal Range <10 Units)
Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 75 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)
Quantitative Microscopic Fat Score 874 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)
Fecal anti-casein (cow’s milk) IgA antibody 73 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)
HLA-DQ 2,1 (Subtype 2,5)

#12 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:27 AM

I did mention that the Pantene shampoos for different colored hairs are not gluten free, the ones for blondes, brunettes, or redheads contain gluten. The regular types do not contain gluten. I have used Pantene for years now and I react very quickly to gluten, they have never given me a problem and they are wonderful for my hair.

I use Garnier Nutresse haircolor too and it's great.
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

#13 marjean

marjean

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:59 AM

I have a reaction to Pantene..Actually I just figured that out! (slow learner?) Suave, Dove products are gluten free products, too! I was diagnosed 5 years ago w/ Celiac..I have had the dermatitis for years..Never figured it was the Pantene until I stopped. Is there a hair coloring that is gluten free?..

#14 LisaRae28

LisaRae28

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

Does anybody know about herbal essences?

#15 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:00 AM

Does anybody know about herbal essences?

All the info on this thread is really old. I would re- verify the ingredients or check the more recent threads about this topic. Shampoos and beauty products change constantly with whatever the latest fad is. Read the ingredients.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: