Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Smirnoff And Bacardi

9 posts in this topic

Anyone know if specifically the flavored ones are gluten-free? i cant seem to get in touch with anyone at the company...

Ads by Google:

All are gluten-free.

richard

Richard, this is on delphi:

Smirnoff Ice (diageo brands) (www.diageo.com) (02/02/05)

USA: Smirnoff Ice (any variety) is a malted beverage and NOT gluten-free.

CANADA, Smirnoff Ice (all varieties) is made with distilled vodka and is gluten-free

Is that a flavoured one? I'm not sure, I use just plain Smirnoff Vodka......

Karen

Richard, this is on delphi:

Smirnoff Ice (diageo brands) (www.diageo.com) (02/02/05)

USA: Smirnoff Ice (any variety) is a malted beverage and NOT gluten-free.

CANADA, Smirnoff Ice (all varieties) is made with distilled vodka and is gluten-free

Is that a flavoured one? I'm not sure, I use just plain Smirnoff Vodka......

Karen

Karen-

The Ice ones are different than the flavored vodkas....if you go to their website you will see that the Ice ones are ones that look like beer bottles.

Thanks for checking up though =)

;)

And the Verdict is?????? Are those bottle that look like a bottle of beer but tast so darn good, Gluten-Free?

My understanding is that in the US the Shmirnoff (in beer bottle) Ice are not gluten-free, they are a malt beverage. However, in Canada they are made with vodka and are gluten-free.

I drink flavored Bacardi rum. I contacted the company nine months ago (I cannot find the response) and the rum and flavored rums are gluten-free.

Hez

My understanding is that in the US the Shmirnoff (in beer bottle) Ice are not gluten-free, they are a malt beverage. However, in Canada they are made with vodka and are gluten-free.

I drink flavored Bacardi rum. I contacted the company nine months ago (I cannot find the response) and the rum and flavored rums are gluten-free.

Hez

Hez is right, the Ice in the US has malt, the one in Canada doesnt- go figure.

Im soo excited that the flavored ones are gluten-free, the rasberry flavor with sprite is great! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Yes it most certainly could be a false negative, and I would bet you a dozen donuts that it is (gluten free, of course.   )  At the very least you can be sure it is related to gluten.  These gluten rashes take forever to clear up.  I don't know about you, but whenever I start to doubt my gluten intolerance, I just look at my skin, and the old blood stains on my sheets, and I am reassured that it's not all in my head, and I need to avoid gluten as if it were a bucket of battery acid.
    • Hello, My fiance and I are going to Singapore for our honeymoon next year and I was wondering if anyone knew any cafes/restaurants etc that have gluten-free dishes? We previously went two years ago and enjoyed ourselves so much that we definitely wanted to go back our our honeymoon. Catch is I got diagnosed as being gluten intolerant a few months ago, negative for Coeliac though. If I eat gluten I have bad nausea, bloating, diarrhea etc. Not pretty for a honeymoon :-) I am more than happy to eat fruit at breakfast and make do with steamed rice at dinner etc but if anyone has any ideas on anywhere I can safely eat that would be much appreciated. I don't care how much it costs! Also is it possible for me to bring packaged gluten-free food into Singapore from Australia? I am not sure on the rules. Thank you!!
    • Went in and talked to the manager of our pm and asked about the gluten free pizza, and he told me he can't guarantee its 100% gluten free because of the flour in the air from the other crusts being made.  I value the honesty.   The other employee also mentioned changing gloves.   I was thinking wow great, until I walked out and got to thinking about cross contamination from everyone grabbing the toppings out of the same bins and spreading the sauce with the same utensils.    My son was just diagnosed this week so we are new to the whole lifestyle.   So any help or info is greatly appreciated.    Thanks  
    • Before i was diagnosed 2 years ago i had a severe chronic itchy scalp.  It would develop minor pimple like blisters then turn in to sores from the intense scratching.  At the time the dr i saw did a punch biopsy on the original sore, it came back with a florescent pattern and micro abcessing.  i saw a dermatologist who said it was a staph infection (wasn't checking for dh) sent me home with cream and a steroid lotion, didnt work. Shortly after i was diagnosed with celiac and went back to the dermatologist.  He did a punch biopsy BUT he took it from the top of my butt cheek saying that was the most common spot for dh to manifest.  My results were negative.   my question is...   Can this be a false negative due to the punch biopsy not being taken from skin adjacent to the lesions? since being gluten free the intensity has subsided but is still there.
    • Hi Morna.  I will have to add Tom and Chee's to my list.  I have found so many new restaurants on this forum.  My family's birthday season is coming up (I swear, everyone was born between September-December), so I am going to have to check out the bakery on Campbell Station.  Sneak in some gluten-free cake and goodies and see if anyone notices.  I miss cake.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Celiacinthesea