3 replies to this topic

#1 faithladene

faithladene

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 02:19 PM

My fiance has this problem, but, it is especially a nuisance at night. His sleep his disturbed every 2 hours.

He is 54 years old, so, I recommended he take saw palmetto, which is for the prostate. It helped, so, it wasn't every hour, but, it hasn't gotten any better. He has been to the urinary doctor, and, he says to quit alcohol, but, he doesn't believe it will help.

So, I was wondering, if, Celiac Disease could, also, be a contributing factor. He mostly is gluten free, however, sometimes, he succumbs to drinking beer. So, if, someone knew that frequent urination could be, also, caused by gluten ingestion, maybe, it would give him even more reason to quit beer entirely.

Response to this delicate subject will be appreciated.

Faith

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_cd&dhspruehead_*

Guest_cd&dhspruehead_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2004 - 12:55 PM

Beer is not gluten free.Has he been tested for Diabetes.If not,then do so.I have six poeple in my famliy with Diabetes and they go a lot to the bathroom.Drinking a lot of water or sergury drinks is one of the things to look for.Dizzy spells is another.If he has any of these,have the doctor test him.It,s better to know now then later.

#3 celiacfreeman

celiacfreeman

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 01:33 PM

I think it has alot to do with it. I had not slept through the night in years till I went totally gluten free. Amstel light is gluten free per company. Their letter is posted on the sight. It still has a little malt though, but less the any other beer.

#4 lovegrov

lovegrov

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 06:06 AM

Drinking alcohol close to bedtime can cause urination at night. Diabetes can cause frequent unrination so if he hasn't been checked for that he should be, particularly if he's overweight and/or inactive.

In my view, no matter what the beer companies say, beer is not gluten-free. It might be very low in gluten, but to me gluten-free means no gluten.

richard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: