This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Help!

minibabe

minibabe Contributor

I have felt bloated for the past 3 days. I dont know what to do, I have not had any gas or anything, but I feel like a HUGE balloon. I have had to sit through work and college classes and it is so uncomfortable. It is affecting my breathing also, it has become harder to breath. I dont know what to do....... :(

Thank you

Amanda

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

penguin Community Regular

Lots and lots of water! Cold water works better than hot, and lemon juice added helps even more.

Try not to eat anything salty or fatty, either. Broccoli, cabbage, and other high fiber veggies may make bloating worse.

Hope that helps :(

jerseyangel Proficient

Lots of water and I find that Lipton Decaffeinated Tea helps.

minibabe Contributor

thanks you guys :)

I just have another question, does anyone else get this? I mean if you put any sort of pressure on my stomach I will just begin to cry the pain is so bad. I feel like there is a huge balloon in my body and I just want to pop it. I dont know if I should go to the doctor about this?

Anyone ever feel like this?

Oh and I have not eaten any gluten so I dont think that it is an attack? I dont know what it could be from?

Thank you again.

Amanda NY

Jaysonguy Newbie

Could be anything from gas to a stomach infection.

If the pain is the same no matter what you're eating then I think it'd be ok if you went and got checked out.

minibabe Contributor

Last saturday I call my doctor and they send me in for a sonogram. I get the test results back on monday and everything is normal.......I still feel really horrible and have the pain, not so much of the bloating anymore but the pain is def. still there. My doctors dont know what it is :(

Amanda NY

Carriefaith Enthusiast
Last saturday I call my doctor and they send me in for a sonogram. I get the test results back on monday and everything is normal.......I still feel really horrible and have the pain, not so much of the bloating anymore but the pain is def. still there. My doctors dont know what it is
Have you been checked for appendicitis?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

Zantac 75 or 150 helps me alot. - gluten free

Also, I take one Omeprozole (generic for prilozec) once in the morning and once at night). I have a have a large hietal hernial, in addition to celic. The symptoms are often confusing. Without the meds, I know that I would have the bloating and the pain of excess gas. It helps me alot.,

Hope this will be helpful.

penguin Community Regular

I have ridiculous pain, too. It feels like someone filled up my stomach like a balloon, and then it starts cramping horribly and I can't function without serious meds. I've gone to the ER several times for it and I leave with narcotics and a shrug.

They did an upper GI, sonagram, endoscopy, and never really found anything. I think the GI doc said after the endo that my stomach lining looked irritated, and I had a tiny ulcer (from too much advil). He was looking for esophogeal damage, because he was sure I had reflux. I can't be sure what he said though, since I was still coming off the versed. I don't think I could pick that dr out of a lineup, that was the only time I saw him, otherwise it was his nurse.

That time, it was a shrug and nexium. When the nexium didn't work, the GI doc ignored me.

They still don't know what it is.

I hope they figure out what's going on with you :unsure:

Archived