7 replies to this topic

#1 kerri124

kerri124

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 06:43 AM

I had these little red broken capilarries under my skin on my arm 2 weeks ago. There was just a few and they went away in a day or 2 so I didn't really give it a second thought. Last night I noticed that I had a few by my elbow on the other arm. I have never seen these on my body before. I am currently almost gluten-free for 5 weeks and I have been on a detox rogram for the past 5 weeks as well. Does anyone know if this is a symptom of celiac disease? Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jaimek

jaimek

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 09:07 AM

What do they look like? I have little blood vessel type things on the back of both of my shoulders. I think I have had them forever, but I just thought it was because I was thin. I have been gluten-free for 3 months now and still have them so I didn't think they were related to Celiac, but I don't know for sure.
gluten-free since 2/6/04

#3 kerri124

kerri124

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 12:35 PM

They are just kind of little red dots that fade away after about 2 days. Weird...

#4 hadafish

hadafish

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 09:02 AM

Hello, I have been getting these on my left arm near the inner elbow for about five years. I have been gluten free (except for accidents) for just one year. Nonetheless, these spots appear. Usually they are about the size of the diameter of a pencil earaser and just like you last for about two days. NO ONE has been able to figure this out. I have seen the dermotologist on several occasions for this and he says "hmmmmm, maybe some sort of abrasion". I think that they do appear more after some vigorous house cleaning. Oh, I also get them after a blood draw - maybe five or six near the needle site. I am going to keep asking questions about these and will let you know if I find out anything. Jan

#5 kerri124

kerri124

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 07:37 AM

Thanks Jan. Mine are not quite that big but they come and go. They disappear usually a day or two after they pop up. I'm going to the dr next week so if I have any then I will ask her. Let me know if you find out anything and I'll do the same for you. Thanks so much.

Kerri

#6 lisa922

lisa922

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 07:19 AM

http://www.health.ua...asp?durki=15491

You may be interested in this website. It is about Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura. I don't have this and really don't know anything about it other than what I have read. Apparently, it runs in the family on my Mom's side, so she mentioned it to me recently while they were trying to diagnose my problems. I thought of it while I was reading this post about the small broken blood vessels that you all are having. Good luck with everything!

LISA

#7 Sharon Marie

Sharon Marie

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:19 PM

It's been 15 days since I was diagnosed with celiac disease. Been learning about the gluton free diet... I am also getting little blood spots under the skin on my right arm. It sorta scared me. It has to be some sort of a deficiency. I just wish I knew what.

#8 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,765 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:04 AM

Mine used to go away but towards the end before diagnosis they started to present permanently. I get new ones now only when glutened. For me they were clearly gluten related.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: