2 replies to this topic

#1 lapetit8

lapetit8

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:54 PM

In the past I have heard that Ricola cough drops are gluten free. However, I noticed on their website that it claims their products have "less that 0.01% gluten" and it recommends that one checks with their doctor regarding whether or not they should eat this product.

I don't think it is, but I just want to double-check....Is less than 0.01% acceptable?

I've had these in the past and have never had a problem with them.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Felidae

Felidae

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:13 AM

Here is the e-mail response that I received. I eat them all the time and have not had a problem and I am super sensitive. I tend to stick with the same two flavours taht I always have.

Thank you for your inquiry about our Ricola products.

Please be advised that all Ricola products are considered as gluten free according to the international Codex Alimentarius Standard.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any additional information.

Kind regards,

Parmiss Aryan
Marketing Coordinator
Lindt & Spr√ľngli (Canada) Inc.
Tapioca intolerant
First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease
Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.
Gluten-free since June 2005
Dx with IBS February 2005
Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

#3 NJKen

NJKen

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 11:46 AM

Here is the e-mail response that I received. I eat them all the time and have not had a problem and I am super sensitive. I tend to stick with the same two flavours taht I always have.
Thank you for your inquiry about our Ricola products.

Please be advised that all Ricola products are considered as gluten free according to the international Codex Alimentarius Standard.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any additional information.

Kind regards,

Parmiss Aryan
Marketing Coordinator
Lindt & Spr√ľngli (Canada) Inc.

I received a similar reply from Ricola USA:

Thank you for your interest in Ricola products.

Because of the increase in requests regarding the gluten free question, we asked our Quality Assurance Dept. in Switzerland to supply us with a more detailed response. Please be advised as follows:

All Ricola products are manufactured in Switzerland and all products are within the limits for gluten established by the Swiss Celiac Association.
The limits are maximum 10 mg gluten per 1 kg of finished product. Product that is within this limit can be considered, according to the Swiss Celiac Association, as suitable for celiac patients.

In the United States, there are no established government standards as to what can be considered gluten-free or what is safe for use in celiac patients. Our products contain less than 0.01% gluten.

We urge you to share this information with your doctor to determine whether it is safe to use our products, or to contact the Celiac Sprue Association of the United States @ 1-877-CSA-4CSA.

We trust this responds to your concerns and thank you for your interest in our products.

RICOLA USA, Inc.
Della Kennedy
Consumer Relations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: