2 replies to this topic

#1 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 05:14 PM

I looked in the yellow pages but found nothing under "Asian Markets," so I then looked under "Health Food Stores." One store had a box that listed four different markets it catered to, including Asian! Thank you to whoever it was that told me to look for an Asian market! They have everything I need, and a lot of stuff I don't need!
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kejohe

kejohe

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:36 AM

There are several of us who have found that Asian markets are so much easier to shop at than the average grocery store. I really like the Asian style rice flour, its finer ground, so it feels more like regular flour and isn't grainy at all. They also sell it for tons cheaper than Bob's Redmill or Arrowhead mills.

You can also find rice crackers in the Asian markets and other gluten-free snacks.

Glad you found a good place to shop... If your like me, it will be one of your new haunts.
Kathleen
Son has been gluten-free since December 2001

#3 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 12:32 PM

It takes 45 minutes one way to get there, so once a month I am just going to make a day of it! It is a great excuse for a trip to Joplin!
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: