- - - - -

Northwest Va Or East Wva?

• Please log in to reply

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Robbin_*

Guest_Robbin_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:29 AM

Hi All, I am fairly new to this, and was wondering if there's a support group in the Northern VA (west) or eastern/panhandle area of WVA? Anyone from this area? I'm near Winchester. It's hard being sick with something nobody else has, has heard of, or understands. This forum is a godsend.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 debbiewil

debbiewil

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:46 AM

Hi Robbin,
I'm up in Frederick, MD, not too awfully far from you. Unfortunately, I don't know of a support group in the area. I'm looking - some of the local hospitals occassionally have a class or speaker, but not a regular group. If I hear of anything, I'll let you know.
Debbie

#3 Guest_Robbin_*

Guest_Robbin_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:50 AM

Hi neighbor! Thanks Debbie. I've just been here 2 years, but lovin' it here. Beautiful area here in MD, VA,WVA tristate section, isn't it? I've been through Fredrick. Love the history this area has, too. Thanks for the suggestion re: hospitals. I've been asking around the health food stores, checking the paper, asking around but haven't called the hospital. Must be some mental dr. block since I'm so fed up with 'em!!! Love your kitties, too. I have a white longhair and a calico. Also a golden retriever. I think I spend more on pet food for the cats, though. Little piggies. :P

#4 TiffersAnn

TiffersAnn

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 05:59 AM

I'm from Huntington... and I totally understand the part about no one knowing what I'm talking about half the time. I have friends in Shepherds Town and visit up there in your neck of the woods all the time. It's good to see a fellow West Virginian on here. Take care.
Tiffany
Gluten-free since Oct '05
Livin', Lovin' and cookin' up a storm...

#5 sjc

sjc

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 04:01 PM

I live in Harpers Ferry, WV. I am not aware of any support groups in this area.

#6 key

key

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 05:00 PM

I grew up in New Market, VA. I am moving from Tennessee to Frederick, MD and I am looking for support and stores in that area. It is definitely harder when you aren't in a very large city.
Monica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: