Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Magazines?

20 posts in this topic

Just curious if anyone gets the Living Without magazine. I have been looking for a copy to read, but none of my stores carry it.

Thanks

Ads by Google:

I think you have to order a subscription online. Then it will be mailed to you. I have never seen it in stores either.

God bless,

Mariann

I couldn't find it either so I had to subscribe. It only comes out quarterly.

Lily

Occasionally, I have seen Living Without at Whole Foods, but you cannot rely on that. If you really want the magazine order it online. Shirley

When the new editions come out, I see them in Wild Oats, but only for a week or two before they rotate them out until the next edition.

Is that magazine really helpful for celiac disease? If so, is it the best magazine? I was thinking of subscribing to something and heard about this magazine, but was wondering if it's really worth it -- and if there's anything that's better than it......I've never seen it, so I can't judge it, myself, but would appreciate the opinion of others who have seen it....what do you think?

-celiac3270

contact them and ask for a sample issue (Ive done that for other magazines).

I have a subscription and I really enjoy it alot!! It feels good to know there are other people out there. They have great full color pictures and ideas just like a regular magazine. http://www.livingwithout.com/

I have a subscription to another, which is in all black and white and not very good paper and they charge an arm and a leg for it!! It has good information, but hardly any pictures or anything fun it it! ha http://www.glutenfreeliving.com/

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Thanks for the links to the magazines. I ordered one issue of Living Without and may subscribe.

DK :D

Thank you from me, as well....I am interested in getting a subscription to some magazine on Celiac....and heard of living without....I'll get a copy and try it out.....see if it's worth subscribing to. Jessica, is that "gluten free living" magazine better than living w/o?

-celiac3270

celiac3270-

Living without has more stories about coping, travel, etc. Gluten free living has some technical articles. They also have some informational articles, like in this last issue they interviewed the Chef with Disney who is very supportive of Celiacs.

Both are good magazines, Living without has color pics and all that good stuff like a normal magazine.

-Jessica

:rolleyes: My local health food store, Fruitful Yield in Illinois, carries Living Without Magazine, and I really love it. The magazine has wonderful articles, not only about gluten-free, but many other allergies also. It also has lists many companies that carry gluten-free food.

I would try contacting your local health food store and see if they have a copy.

I wish it would come out more than 4 times a year, though.

Good Luck!

Yay! I got a copy in the mail today of Living W/O!!!! My mom was going to get me the subscription for Christmas, but I was sifting through the mail and I accidentally came upon it... ^_^ Haha...I just had to mention

I work for a magazine distributor that sells Living Without on the West Coast, so I can read it for free! But I also can look up what stores carry it, so if someone is looking for a west coast store let me know.

I just went to the Living Without website and requested a copy of their magazine. It looks like they have a lot of information. I'll let you know if they respond.

I love it!

The one health store here sells it, too.

I got mine today and was reading. . .in the airline article I saww Miss. Kim U! How lovely to see you in there! Very cool.

Oh, that's cool....I just went back to look when you mentioned that...I never thought I'd see someone I knew in there, so I didn't pay really close attention to the names :lol: ! Thanks for pointing out :D

I like Living Without. I get at the Mustard Seed in Ohio-- It is an Organic food market. I wish the magizine came out more than quartely.

Actually, I've ordered the subscription. I love the magazine. It is not just for celiacs, but every magazine so far has had infomration on Celiacs and peanut allergies. Both of those topics are important in my house, so I am thrilled!