- - - - -

Pepperoni

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_gillian502_*

Guest_gillian502_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2004 - 01:29 PM

My Mother buys pepperoni sticks or sometimes already sliced pepperoni in a bag to use in a spaghetti dish along with broccoli. I'm afraid to eat it even with gluten-free noodles because I don't know if pepperoni is gluten-free. Anyone know this? Also does anyone know of a gluten-free grated parmesan cheese?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 03:09 PM

Given that most pepperoni packages include "spices" as an ingredient, I think you really just have to call the company to confirm.

As for the cheese... The easiest option is to just get a block of fresh parmesean, and grate some as you need it. (The small pointy bits on a box grater are perfect for it.) This also gets you much better tasting parmesean! ;-) Not to mention you can try mixing it up with percornio or asagio as well.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#3 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2004 - 05:13 PM

I have had sliced pepperoni, HORMEL brand and did not have a problem with it. Matter of fact I think I read somewhere that it is gluten-free. Also my daughter eats KRAFT grated parmesan cheese and never had a problem with it either.

Hope this helps :D

#4 Guest_Evelyn's mom_*

Guest_Evelyn's mom_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2004 - 06:04 AM

Hormel Pepperoni even states "Gluten Free" right on the package!

#5 Guest_gillian502_*

Guest_gillian502_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2004 - 06:36 AM

Thanks for the tip! I'll look for Hormel the next time I'm shopping!

#6 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 11:20 AM

I grate my own parmesean (much better taste) but Kraft and Kroger are definitely gluten-free.

richard

#7 I h8 this Yme

I h8 this Yme

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

I live in New Albany /Columbus Ohio and have just found a store call Whole Foods. Unreal!!! There are isle and isle of gluten free products. Maybe I can live with this disease after all. Anyway Hormel is gluten free and there are other pepperoni products out there. Turkey peperoni however is your best bet. Also does anyone have a good recipe for pizza crust? I herd of one but it has hemp seed and hemp oil in a buckwheat batter. Sounds a little strange but if it works it works, Also does anyone know of a gluten free italian sausage?
Thanks I h8 this!! Y-me?

#8 Silencio

Silencio

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:03 AM

Last post here was 8 years ago. Im sure you will get more help if you post a new topic.
CANADIAN!

#9 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,048 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:40 AM

I live in New Albany /Columbus Ohio and have just found a store call Whole Foods. Unreal!!! There are isle and isle of gluten free products. Maybe I can live with this disease after all. Anyway Hormel is gluten free and there are other pepperoni products out there. Turkey peperoni however is your best bet. Also does anyone have a good recipe for pizza crust? I herd of one but it has hemp seed and hemp oil in a buckwheat batter. Sounds a little strange but if it works it works, Also does anyone know of a gluten free italian sausage?
Thanks I h8 this!! Y-me?

This thread is ancient news. Products change in 8 years.

Look in the recipe section, use the google function ( in the top right corner) to find many pizza crust recipes.

"You have problems.  There are not enough paper clips, and then you've got world hunger.  Your problems are somewhere in between." -DPR,III

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

purring-kitty-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: