#1 Holly04

Holly04

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 02:51 PM

Hello Everyone,
My name is Holly. I just found out very recently that I do have Celiac Disease. If anyone has any suggestions about getting started on the new diet, I would appreciate it if you could try to get back to me. I had no symptoms, but I am kind of on the short side. My doctor thought it was strange because both of my parents are tall. Anyways, if anybody could get back to me, I'll appreciate it again.
Thanks,
Holly :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 flagbabyds

flagbabyds

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 04:17 PM

How old are you? I am 13, I don't really know much about starting the diet because I was diagnosed before I was 2 so I don't really remember what i went through because well I don't know what it was like. My name is Molly and if you have any questions you can e-mail me, my e-mail is flagbabyds@aol.com and i use that for IM as well ;)
Molly

#3 Guest_Doct.Giggles_*

Guest_Doct.Giggles_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:46 AM

I am 13, and I started out by following my diet as best as I could and it seemed really easy at first. But for me it just got harder for the first year. And when I was diginosed my parents thought that it was best for me not to know that if I cheated too much I would get cancer. I was at really high risk then and I have changed. I was diginosed when I was 10 and I was just starting fifth grade and it was very hard to go into the school year knowing that you are different than everybody else and have people wonder what is wrong with that girl. I have a lot of topics started that gets into a lot of stuff like that. But I think that the diet is just a new life style and really easy to adapt to physcally but it was really hard for me mentally. :( So good luck and I hope I was helpful to you.

-Tiffany

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: