Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 tiredofdoctors!!!

tiredofdoctors!!!

Will NOT let this disease diminish me!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:20 PM

Once again, You've Done It!! You are fantastic at finding articles that are SOOOOOO good :) Thank you so much . . . .. Lynne
Lynne

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try tomorrow".

"There's not a word yet, for old friends we've just met. Part Heaven, part space, or have I found my place? You can just visit, but I plan to stay, I'm going to go back there some day." Gonzo, in the Muppet Movie

#3 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:32 PM

good article, though there were some things in there that made me sad, like her mentioning that she can not have a homemade birthday cake? That's just not true!!! Can I get ahold of this girl and tell her about Pamela's deluxe brownie mix that you can make a cake with???

#4 i canary

i canary

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:37 PM

Great article! I had the same reaction you did Nini - no birthday cake - that's so not true. I just had a birthday a few weeks ago and had a wonderful gluten-free cake.
“This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws.”

#5 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:41 PM

every year since my dx and my daughter's we have had the most MAAAAHHHVELOUS birthday cakes... I've even served cakes and cupcakes at her preschool that got RAVE reviews from everyone... all the kids begged for more and all the adults in the building just HAD to have the most delicious moistest cake they'd ever tried!!!! LOL And I almost always use Pamela's Brownie mix and follow the directions on the bag to make it into a cake. My other fave cake is The Gluten Free Pantry's Old Fashioned Cake and Cookie mix... makes awesome white cakes and sugar cookies.

#6 i canary

i canary

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:48 PM

I can't have sugar so Pamela's cakes aren't for me. My favorite gluten-free sugar free recipe for cake is the Harvest Muffins in "Wheat-Free, Gluten-Free Cookbook for Kids and Busy Adults" by Connie Sarros. It is wonderful. Everytime it's made I have to fight my family and friends to get a piece (I'm the only gluten-free person). :lol:
“This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws.”

#7 Guest_Robbin_*

Guest_Robbin_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2006 - 08:29 PM

I had the same response--What? No birthday cake?! Her typical days' meals look a little bleak to me too. Maybe she is picky, though like my kids. Jeeeez, even a pie with a meringue crust or something like that! Great article, though. McD's are trying hard to cover their butts with all this "double-speak", huh? I seriously smell major law suits and I'm not even a lawyer.

#8 marciab

marciab

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 05:55 AM

Great article. Upbeat, and mostly realistic. thanks marcia
Jan 1990 - Dx CFS/ME/FM (URI's, Ataxia, myoclonus, orthostatic hypotension, insomnia, brain fog, swollen lymph nodes, sore throat... ) Completely Disabled (housebound and bedridden at times)

2004 - Digestive pain all the time.

May 2004 - Hiatal hernia, erosive gastritis, gastroparesis (endoscopy)
August 2004 - Colon polyps, diverticulitus, internal hemorrhoids (colonoscopy)

No relief from Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Zelnorm, Miralax, Imodium, Lomotil ...
July 2005 - GP recommended WFDFSFEFCF + vegan (Also, anything that hurts free)
Immediately stopped needing naps and digestive pain reduced.

Sept 2005 - GFDFCFSFEF + chemical free - Immediately stopped feeling jittery / buzzing and digestive issues were much better.

June 2006 - Dx B12 and iron deficient. Started B12 injections and using cast iron pan.

August 2006 - MYOCLONUS GONE. (off Klonopin)
September 2006 - ATAXIA, INSOMNIA and Feeling like the floor was moving under my feet gone.

June 19, 2007 - Positive DQ2, Dx Celiac

October 2007 - Sleeping like a baby, waking up with energy, but still having fatigue/stamina issues

Nov 2007 - Started Paleo diet for chronic hypoglycemia

April 2008 - GTT normal. I'm no longer hypoglycemic. Started Low oxalate diet for kidney stones.

May 1, 2008 - Began salt loading for OI/NMH - noticed immediately muscle weakness was gone. I was sodium deficient but my labs don't reflect it. Still working on OI and PEM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: