This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Chocolate

happy4dolphins

happy4dolphins Enthusiast

HI, I"ve been craving chocolate like it's going out of style for the last two months now. Wowzers, what's that about?

Nicole

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

angel-jd1 Community Regular

Is there some reason that you aren't eating chocolate?? Hershey's bars are safe. Have some chocolate and cure that craving. Enjoy!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

HI, I"ve been craving chocolate like it's going out of style for the last two months now. Wowzers, what's that about?

Nicole

VydorScope Proficient

Whats wrong with craving chocolate? :D

jerseyangel Proficient

Not a thing wrong with it!! I satisfy my craving with Dove Dark Chocolate Promises--when I need to, I pop one and let it melt in my mouth ;)

Guest nini

mmmmmm chocolate! I think if you are craving it, you should have it! LOL!

there are some health benefits to chocolate, dark chocolate mostly, but it can be part of a healthy diet!

Give in to the craving and give your body what it wants! Chocolate is GOOOOOOOOOD!

Guest cassidy

I think Cadbury makes the best chocolate. They have all the Easter candy out now and the Caramellos are the best. I find that if I eat a little bit of what I'm craving then the craving goes away.

ebrbetty Rising Star

I was like that this afternoon, made the aunt tootsies brownies, dairy and soy free...sooooo good!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest MyKidsMom

I was wondering the same thing...what is with my insatiable craving for chocolate? Before a bag of chocolate could last a year in my house. I could take or leave it, even when I was pregnant. I used to crave salty things. Now I eat a lot of chocolate and am ravenous about it, I scour the house looking for my husband's stash which he tries to hide from me. So what is this craving all about?

GlutenFreeAl Contributor

Same deal - I crave chocolate like it's my job since I've been gluten free. I was completely ambivalent about it before.

Honestly, I think it's the fat that my body is craving.

My boyfriend tells me I'm nuts, but I also crave vegetables sometimes.

I say, listen to your body!

penguin Community Regular
Same deal - I crave chocolate like it's my job since I've been gluten free. I was completely ambivalent about it before.

Honestly, I think it's the fat that my body is craving.

My boyfriend tells me I'm nuts, but I also crave vegetables sometimes.

I say, listen to your body!

Me too! Normally, I can't finish a fun size candy bar cause I don't like it. Now I want chocolate all the time...

I don't get it! :P

ebrbetty Rising Star

maybe because we're deprived of so many things now that chocolate is one of the foods we know are "safe" I'm not much of a candy person, give me a large bacon cheeseburger sub anyday..but thats out, so I find I'm eating more sweets.

i'd give my left arm for a sub from the local pizza place..everyday I say I'm gonna get one, then I think about the pain, pout and eat more chicken lol

AmandaD Community Regular

My doctor told me once that sometimes craving chocolate can mean you need more magnesium...I was pregnant then...I guess chocolate can be a good source of magnesium

maybe because we're deprived of so many things now that chocolate is one of the foods we know are "safe" I'm not much of a candy person, give me a large bacon cheeseburger sub anyday..but thats out, so I find I'm eating more sweets.

i'd give my left arm for a sub from the local pizza place..everyday I say I'm gonna get one, then I think about the pain, pout and eat more chicken lol

Lollie Enthusiast

I've always loved chocolate!!!!!!! I all of a sudden can't eat enough fudge! And before that wasn't really my thing, a little too rich, but now I can't make enough of it! Besides, chocolate releases endorphines in your brain to make you feel like your in love or happy......maybe with all the stuff we deal with, our brains are saying LIGHTEN UP!!!!! Eat Chocolate!!!!! :D

Oh yeah-has anyone tried the Lara Bar-Chocolate Mole? A little spicy chili pepper with the chocolate!!!! Ohhhh, it's so good!!!!!

Lollie

Archived