This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Red Robin

mytummyhurts

mytummyhurts Contributor

Has anybody tried to eat at Red Robin? Do you know if any of there stuff is gluten-free?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

penguin Community Regular

There was a whole thread about it recently :D

Open Original Shared Link

mytummyhurts Contributor

Thank you! I tried to do a search, but couldn't get it to work.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Thank you! I tried to do a search, but couldn't get it to work.

HI

Hope you got the thread to come up.

Thanks ChelsE for posting it. I was at the dr's and just got on line.

Think the thread answers most questions but email or pm me if you want more info. I think the main rrobin.com web site is there too. the home page shows all the states and locations

judy in Philly

mytummyhurts Contributor

The link did work for me, thanks. It's great when people share there good experiences as well as bad, so we can know where to go. The list you posted from the e-mail will help me a lot to pick what is safe. So, do I understand correctly that their fries are safe, if in a dedicated fryer, and what bothered your stomach was the soy in the oil?

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
The link did work for me, thanks. It's great when people share there good experiences as well as bad, so we can know where to go. The list you posted from the e-mail will help me a lot to pick what is safe. So, do I understand correctly that their fries are safe, if in a dedicated fryer, and what bothered your stomach was the soy in the oil?

Hi

Don't be miss lead by 'the dedicated fryer..' My manager said they did not have one...fry all in the same one.

What he did for me when i came in the door and the hostess showed him my card even before someone else seated us was...put on a clean pot and put oil in it 'JUST FOR MY POTATOES' After calling him back after 'mytummyhurt'(?)what a great name..... :lol: he ck'd the oil can and it was pure veg oil with soy.

He is going to try to get another pure veg oil without soy in it.

Make sure the manager KNOWS your special issues..maybe some do have dedicated fryers. mine did not.

then if a good experience...eamil and they will send a free $1.00 c/o in the mail...

best of luck.

judy let me know how you do.

i'll be off line after Thurs nite till 3/14.

gf4life Enthusiast

I would say that you would need to check with each location to verify the dedicated fryer issue. Our local Red Robin has a dedicated fryer. We were told to ask for the steak fries with "no seasonings" though. I think the seasonings are sprinkled on after they are fried.

I was very pleased with our local Red Robin. My oldest son was one of the top ten sellers at the fall fundraiser for his school and the prize for these ten was a ride in a limo to Red Robin and free lunch. I sent him with a letter explaining his dietary needs and a list of the safe foods he could order and how to prepare them. He got a bunless burger and steak fries, a milk shake and I think he said he got fruit with it. He enjoyed his lunch and I didn't feel like I had to be there to watch over him every second.

We enjoy having a fun place to eat. The only other places we used to go locally were Denny's and McD's. We only get breakfast foods at Denny's and now I am hesitant about McD's. :unsure: So Red Robin is a nice place for us to go and get lunch or dinner food without leaving town.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mytummyhurts Contributor

We just got back, I had a pretty good experience. They didn't have a dedicated fryer, so I didn't get to eat the fries. Gf4life-Is their seasoning not okay? I thought it was. The girl did pretty good, the manager didn't come see me though, that's okay I guess. I just got a lettuce wrapped burger, it was good. I just like being able to go out to eat with everyone else.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

:lol:

We just got back, I had a pretty good experience. They didn't have a dedicated fryer, so I didn't get to eat the fries. Gf4life-Is their seasoning not okay? I thought it was. The girl did pretty good, the manager didn't come see me though, that's okay I guess. I just got a lettuce wrapped burger, it was good. I just like being able to go out to eat with everyone else.

So glad to hear of 2 other good experiences. i read the inged on the seasonings on the table and not sure what was in it but knew i couldn't have it..maybe the soy..see how indiv it becomes...

Next time call ahead and tell them about what time your coming..(we go off peek times) if possible and ask it they will 'go to the extra effort to do the ff in a separate pot...like Exton does :lol:

glad you ventured out.

congrats to your son, tummy

Judy

gf4life Enthusiast

I don't know about the seasoning for the fries, other than there was something questionable in them and Red Robin said not to use it...it might be okay, but you would need to check.

I will double check on the fryer next time we eat there. I did ask, but did not speak to the manager. I didn't actually go into the kitchen to check either, but I do know that no one at my house felt sick and neither did the other gluten-free people we went with and 4 out of 6 of us are quite sensitive to gluten, even the tiniest amount.

Glad you got to eat out.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
I don't know about the seasoning for the fries, other than there was something questionable in them and Red Robin said not to use it...it might be okay, but you would need to check.

I will double check on the fryer next time we eat there. I did ask, but did not speak to the manager. I didn't actually go into the kitchen to check either, but I do know that no one at my house felt sick and neither did the other gluten-free people we went with and 4 out of 6 of us are quite sensitive to gluten, even the tiniest amount.

Glad you got to eat out.

Thanks for the note

The Manager Dave Howk called me again last nite to tell me they have researched the oil they will use for me and it will be canola oil. He said the other veg oils have soy. I'm learning alot from him too. He said that they did have a dedicated fryer at his Red Robin but did mine by special order prepared alone...

He's just so great. Even called some CA restarants to find out what oil they used and other questions..

FOR ME --it's safer not to use the veg oil they used in dedicated frier (I think i have that right).

SO GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE TOO.

Going to forward this thread to Dave at my Exton resturant.

Judy

teankerbell Apprentice

I went to a Red Robin in Lincolnshire IL and the waitress went ABOVE and BEYOND to get me a list of gluten-free stuff. When she served the food, she stayed to make sure it was the way I wanted it. THEN the manager came by to make sure the food was prepared properly for me. I had not reaction. I had a great customer service experience.

I ordered a burger with out the bun, guacamole, no seasoning on the fries or burger because it had a warning about producing a natural glutamin... in the body.

Archived