3 replies to this topic

#1 AmandaD

AmandaD

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:05 AM

Here's a message I got from Dove today when I emailed them asking if Dove Sensitive soap was gluten free, just thought I'd share:

Hi,

Thanks for writing!

We do not specifically test our products for the presence of gluten, a sticky protein found in some grains such as wheat. Gluten may be present in products that contain derivatives of wheat, oat, rye, and barley.

In labeling our products, our company follows the guidelines established by the International Nomenclature for Cosmetics; Ingredients (INCI) process. Therefore, if we use an ingredient derived from a grain such as wheat, oat, rye, and/or barley, those names will appear on the label. One common example is "Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein". If you see this on the label, the material was derived from wheat, so the product may contain gluten.

Thank you for your interest!
Your friends at Dove
Amanda
Positive TTG 9/05
Positive endoscopy 9/05
Doing well with "Sprue"

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mmaccartney

mmaccartney

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:25 AM

Thanks for posting this.

I have no visible symptoms (other then the fact that I'm doubled over in pain on the floor, or running to/from the bathroom, or cannot move my fingers/hips/shoulders!) from my celiac, so I haven't done the inventory of household items, just food. Dove is a popular brand in my house, knowing that they label properly is great news!!!!
Michael J. MacCartney

gluten-free 2005-June-24 Dairy free 2005-July-26
gluten / casein intolerant
HLA-DQ 2,3 (Subtype 2,7)
Diagnosed Celiac 2006-April-24

Father of:
Michael II HLA-DQ 2,1 (Subtype 2,6) - Allergic to Peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, and milk
William HLA-DQ 2,1 (Subtype 2,5) - Allergy free

#3 AmandaD

AmandaD

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:39 AM

You're funny, Michael. I get this visible image of you shooting off to use the restroom.

I'm surprised at how good some companies have been about getting back to me promptly!

Amanda

Thanks for posting this.

I have no visible symptoms (other then the fact that I'm doubled over in pain on the floor, or running to/from the bathroom, or cannot move my fingers/hips/shoulders!) from my celiac, so I haven't done the inventory of household items, just food. Dove is a popular brand in my house, knowing that they label properly is great news!!!!

Amanda
Positive TTG 9/05
Positive endoscopy 9/05
Doing well with "Sprue"

#4 Nichelob

Nichelob

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:26 AM

Here's a message I got from Dove today when I emailed them asking if Dove Sensitive soap was gluten free, just thought I'd share:

Hi,

Thanks for writing!

We do not specifically test our products for the presence of gluten, a sticky protein found in some grains such as wheat. Gluten may be present in products that contain derivatives of wheat, oat, rye, and barley.

In labeling our products, our company follows the guidelines established by the International Nomenclature for Cosmetics; Ingredients (INCI) process. Therefore, if we use an ingredient derived from a grain such as wheat, oat, rye, and/or barley, those names will appear on the label. One common example is "Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein". If you see this on the label, the material was derived from wheat, so the product may contain gluten.

Your friends at Dove

Hello,

Same here. This is what I received:

"Hi,

Thanks for writing!

We do not specifically test our products for the presence of gluten, a
sticky protein found in some grains such as wheat. Gluten may be present
in products that contain derivatives of wheat, oat, rye, and barley.

In labeling our products, our company follows the guidelines established
by the International Nomenclature for Cosmetics; Ingredients (INCI)
process. Therefore, if we use an ingredient derived from a grain such as
wheat, oat, rye, and/or barley, those names will appear on the label.
One common example is "Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein". If you see this on the
label, the material was derived from wheat, so the product may contain
gluten.

Your friends at Unilever
ck"

Hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: