No replies to this topic

#1 justmel74

justmel74

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:26 AM

Hi All! There is a gluten free bakery in Philadelphia, PA that sells tons of wonderul gluten-free baked goods. They also sell their own gluten free flour mix with the Xanthan gum already in it. I have become a HUGE fan of this flour mix. It isnt good for yeast breads, but is excellent for any other kind of baking (like cookies, cakes, quick breads). Everything I've made behaved just like the original wheat flour recipes with no adaptations at all! Just cup for cup exchange the flour. Seriously...I just made banana muffins using my Better Homes and Garden's Cookbook and didnt change a thing...just used this flour mix, and it worked so beautifully! It is similar to Bette Hagman's gluten-free mix (she has four different flour mixes) except that they reformulated the ratios it to make it better and added just the right amount of Xanthan Gum. I find it to be an amazing product. They do ship just about anywhere...even their baked goods. With the exception of breads, everything else takes like the gluten laden product, only it is gluten and wheat free. Anyway, the flour costs $6.50 for 3 lbs. The bakery is called Mr. Ritt's and the website is:

http://mrritts.com/

For baking breads, I still use Bette's feather light and Four flour bean mix, or her millet bread, etc. I still make up my own mixes for yeast breads. But for baking...this flour cannot be beat. Hope you find it as successful and as easy as I do!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: