16 replies to this topic

#1 shellhoo

shellhoo

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:35 AM

I've been getting little sores on my scalp recently. I think it is because of my shampoo. Maybe I am more sensitive lately. What kind do you all use? Your responses are greatly appreciated!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jmengert

jmengert

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:40 AM

There are three brands that I alternate between, as I get bored easily :)

Dove will list any wheat, oats, barley, or rye, and I currently use their advanced color care shampoo and conditioner--bonus: it smells great, too.

Garnier Fructis shampoos and conditioners are gluten-free, and they work well.

Last, Neutrogena has a triple moisture shampoo and conditioner I use, as I have dry hair. They also have other gluten-free shampoos and conditioners, which they provide on their gluten-free list, and the list is posted somewhere on this board (I remember seeing it not too long ago). They are also quick to get back to you if you email them.

Hope this helps!
*Julie*
Gluten free since December 2004
Soy free since June 2005
Dairy free since July 2006

#3 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:51 AM

I use shampoo and conditioner from The Gluten Free Savonnerie. I've been using their products for several months now and love them.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#4 munchkinette

munchkinette

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 01:28 PM

I use Paul Mitchell's Awapuhi shampoo. I use the Wella (color care?) conditioner.

I like them a lot, and it's all I have since I found out my Sebastian Laminates shampoo & conditioner have wheat amino acids. :( The gel is ok though.
Gluten free since Feb 2006, Dairy and Soy free since 2009

Anemic off and on since 2003
Negative tTG Ab, IgA, Gliadin Ab IgA, wheat allergy (IgE) blood tests (Feb 2006)
Positive wheat allergy skin test(Apr 2006)and dietary response (Feb 2006)
Celiac grandmother (Dx in 1940s, "grew out of it")

Training for my first triathlon to support the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America.

~Amy

#5 Guest_Pixi_*

Guest_Pixi_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:56 AM

Pantene products are gluten-free.. I just picked some up yesterday since I'm unsure about the brands I have. And Pantene smells so good and leaves hair so thick and soft :)

#6 teankerbell

teankerbell

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:58 AM

Dove and Pantene. At least you can understand the ingredients. But after corresponding with the companies, just check the labels. The ingredients can change.
Laura
Started SCD 3/16/06

Diagnosed by Enterolab 2/06/06
IgA & tTg Positive, Malabsorption negative
HLA-DQB1, 0303 0302
Casein IgA positive
gluten-free 2/8/06
Celiac Blood Panel Normal 2/13/06
Rheumatoid Arthritis 7/05

#7 sspitzer5

sspitzer5

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:21 AM

Pantene products are gluten-free.. I just picked some up yesterday since I'm unsure about the brands I have. And Pantene smells so good and leaves hair so thick and soft :)

I use Pantene, but when I emailed them, they gave me a cya response. They said they don't add any gluten, but that they can't confirm all of their supplier ingredients. So, I'm not sure if they are totally gluten free or not.

S

#8 Guest_Pixi_*

Guest_Pixi_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:34 AM

I use Pantene, but when I emailed them, they gave me a cya response. They said they don't add any gluten, but that they can't confirm all of their supplier ingredients. So, I'm not sure if they are totally gluten free or not.

S

Oye vey :huh: Going to try a different brand then, just in case. Geeze!

Thanks for info!

#9 Cblandry

Cblandry

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:20 PM

I just read in Clan Thompson list of gluten free drugs that pantene pro v was unknown and that gluten was in the frangrances. Cb <_<

#10 TCA

TCA

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:45 PM

Suave and Salon Selectives are made by Unilever and will clearly list any gluten additives.
If you're looking for info on how to get started on the gluten-free diet, check out this List for Newly Diagnosed.
Self - Pain free since going gluten-free 9/05 (suffered from unexplained joint pain entire life), asthma improving, allergies improving, mysterious rash disappeared (probably DH)
Husband - Type 1 diabetic, Negative bloodwork
Son - Elevated IgA, Very high IgG, 2 negative biopsies - HLA DQ2 and DQ8 positive, Amazing dietary response since 1/06
Daughter - Congenital Heart Defect (2 surgeries), Reflux, choking issues, eczema, egg allergy - HLA DQ2 positive, Good dietary response (via me because of nursing) since 9/05
"All things happen for good for those who love God..." Romans 8:28

#11 Crayons574

Crayons574

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:37 PM

What is everyone's favorite gluten free shampoo and conditioner?

I'm looking for something I can get at the grocery store or Target or something.
(Not Dove though....it burns and makes my head itch!!:P )

I was using Herbal Essence, but found out mine was not gluten free...

Favorites? Least favorites?
1 Corinthians 6: 19-20, "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body."

#12 homemaker

homemaker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:53 AM

It is wonderful to use a shampoo and conditioner that is gluten free, but it is also vital to try to find a shampoo and conditioner
without SLS or SLES. A health food store is your best bet.
SLS and SLES are detergents, which are basically glorified floor cleaner :o ...yuck I know..
It is hard to find shampoos and conditioners (esp. shampoo) without them in it...
The detergents will only serve to irritate your scalp even more.....
Try these:
Desert Essence is pleased to announce its newest line, Desert Essence Organics, which includes products that are 100% vegan, wheat free, and gluten free. This line introduces innovative hair care, body care, and pomegranate-based facial care products that calm, moisturize, renew, rejuvenate, hydrate, and energize. We offer lush, natural scents like sweet lavender, rich vanilla chai, lush almond, and tropical coconut. All of the Desert Essence Organics products are free of parabens, sodium lauryl/laureth sulfates, phthalates, artificial colors, silicones, EDTA, glycol, and petroleum-based ingredients.
Constipation, Gas, Bloating, Abdominal Pain, Ataxia, Brain Fog, Joint Pain Headaches
Bloodwork Negative
Went gluten free 10/02/09
Immediate and Positive intestinal improvement with improvement in headache frequency
Enterolab results 11/23/09 (after one month gluten free)
Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA 10 units
Fecal Anti-gliadin IgA 9 units
Fecal Fat 1267 units
HLA-DQB1 Allele 1: 0201
HLA-DQB1 Allele 2: 0202
Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,2 (Subtype 2,2)

#13 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,713 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:54 AM

I ordered some of the California Baby brand a couple months ago, it is nice but really out of my budget. Someone here had mentioned Shikai and I finally found it in Wegmans last week and it seems to work well for me. I am also allergic to soy so finding a shampoo and conditioner that doesn't leave me itching has been tough.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#14 Klalu

Klalu

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:44 PM

I just read in Clan Thompson list of gluten free drugs that pantene pro v was unknown and that gluten was in the frangrances. Cb <_<

Yeah I get a reaction from Pantene. :(

#15 comfortatlast

comfortatlast

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:02 AM

I use garnier fructis triple moisture and have had no problems I love it! my hair has never felt so great. I have naturally curly hair and it has been great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: