This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Having Bowel Problems.....

Lollie

Lollie Enthusiast

Hey every one! I have a question about poop......only here would I feel comfortable about talking about that! :P

Okay, so here goes. I have C for like 3 or 4 days, then I'll start going, which is a relief. But then I go and go and can't stop. Lot's of bulk and truly, I can't believe that much could be in me in the first place! :blink: Then I go again to the C. I have quite a bit of pain with this process, needless to say. And it happens every week. I am never regular. I started probiotics a week ago and they seemed to help, but then I 'm doing this again today. I can't leave my house because I have a 3 and 5 year old and going to public restrooms with them in tow is not my idea of fun. ;)

Anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone else has this problem. I have been gluten-free for 2 months. Prior to gluten-free I had horrible D alot. Every thing would go straight through. Now I have this? Please tell me if this will ever straighten out or if I have to just pick the lessor of two evils!

Thanks!

Lollie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

penguin Community Regular

I have similar problems. My only regularity is that I always cramp first thing in the morning. I think my body's in a routine, because half the time, not a whole lot happens. :blink:

Then I'll approach a normal bm and then have D the rest of the day. I think my body's trying :unsure:

My guess is that you'll straighten out once your body knows what to do with a functional digestive tract :blink: I think it's confused ;)

Hang in there, and keep the immodium handy! :)

francelajoie Explorer

My doctor suggested Revitalx to speed up the normal bowel movement process. Was feeling good the next day. Took it for a month. Now, I am completely back to normal.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Lollie--aren't you going away this weekend?

Hope your still going..

judy

Lollie Enthusiast

Thanks everyone! I think I might try the Rivatalx. Was it a prescription, or can I buy it over the counter?

Judy, Yeah, I'm still going, I won't be held back by this crumby disease! And besides I always feel better once I get to my beloved ocean!

Thanks again!

Lollie

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Thanks everyone! I think I might try the Rivatalx. Was it a prescription, or can I buy it over the counter?

Judy, Yeah, I'm still going, I won't be held back by this crumby disease! And besides I always feel better once I get to my beloved ocean!

Thanks again!

Lollie

KNOW THE FEELING, LOLLIE..GLAD YOUR GOING.

MEANT TO ASK YOU IF YOU'VE READ MY FAVORITE BOOK.

'A GIFT FROM THE SEA' ANN MORROW LINBURG? HAVE BEEN READING IT ONCE A YEAR SINCE 1965..BET YOU WEREN'T EVEN BORN YET. :lol:

HAVE A GREAT SAFE HAPPY HEALTHY TRIP.

JUDY

Lollie Enthusiast
KNOW THE FEELING, LOLLIE..GLAD YOUR GOING.

MEANT TO ASK YOU IF YOU'VE READ MY FAVORITE BOOK.

'A GIFT FROM THE SEA' ANN MORROW LINBURG? HAVE BEEN READING IT ONCE A YEAR SINCE 1965..BET YOU WEREN'T EVEN BORN YET. :lol:

HAVE A GREAT SAFE HAPPY HEALTHY TRIP.

JUDY

Thanks Judy! You too! B)

I haven't read it but I will now! I love books about the sea!

We're off-

Lollie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

BamBam Community Regular

You may want to consider giving up dairy for awhile, I always thought I was just lactose intolerant, so I drank lactose free milk, ate yogurt constantly. I had horrible constipation/irregularity going maybe once or twice in a week. A friend on the board, Jenvan, suggested I give up all dairy products, the ingredient "casein" which is a milk protein can cause constipation. I gave that up about a month ago and have been going three or four times a week, and usually never more than once a day and so far so good, no diarrhea. I still have to get over the "thinking about it all the time." My system has been so upset for the last 12 years, off and on, I don't know what a normal bowel system is like. So I hope in time I can stop thinking about when I am going to go all the time, and get back to my life.

Bam

paw Apprentice

I was like that too and I read that Magnesium can help soften and ease constipation. I got Nature Made Magnesium 250 mg and take one daily. It is gluten-free. Sometimes if I am having too much C I will take an extra 1/2 tablet (they split easily). Even 1 1/2 tablets is within the RDA for this mineral. I talked to my GI doctor and he offered me Zelnorm for IBS with constipation (EXPENSIVE!), but he agreed that the Magnesium will do the same thing for a lot less money. It is not prescription and it is easy to find.

It takes your body a week or so to adjust to the new mineral, and you need to be prepared for possible D while you get used to it. I have read about people here who use much more Magnesium than I take. I suggest you talk to your doctor to make sure it is ok for you, and start slowly and increase the dosage if necessary.

Since I started this in Sept, I have soft BMs that are more frequent. It is not unusual to have several in a day. They are not D. I realized I don't know what "normal" is. Also, make sure you drink enough water. Doc told me to use Metamucil too and I have been doing that along with the Magnesium. If I miss a Magnesium, I can tell the next day. I don't notice if I miss a dose of Metamucil, but I try to get some daily.

Good luck getting things working properly.

Archived