#1 Mindy35

Mindy35

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 01:16 PM

Hello,
Does anyone know if there is anything safe to eat at Jack in the Box? I was thinking maybe the tacos would be ok.
Thanks!!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 penguin

penguin

Chelsea

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 01:19 PM

http://www.jackinthe...ingredients.php

That's all I could find on their website...
Alright, don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy
We'll all float on, alright
Well we'll float on good news is on the way...

#3 francelajoie

francelajoie

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 01:20 PM

Their website lists all ingredients and they also talk about food allergies.
France

#4 Leonesse

Leonesse

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:14 PM

August 24, 2011

On their site, Jack in the Box lists their ingredients (as of Aug 24, 2011), which is marginally helpful as long as you know the chemical forms of hidden gluten. Note, however, the company does not say which ingredients might have come down gluten-contaminated production lines at their source. Cross-contamination in the restaurant could also be a big concern, as the teenagers are probably flopping the food around without the least thought of a crumb being dangerous.

http://www.jackinthe...ingredients.pdf
Loving connection is like water, bearing life & healing. Once, we were connected to all things; but we have disconnected from nature & ourselves. The animals, wild & domestic, are anxious to reconnect with us consciously so we may learn what they have to teach: how to love unconditionally, to parent well, to be at peace, to be resilient, to live lightly on the Earth in harmony with the animal & plant nations... Please consider learning animal communication. Anyone can do it, it's fun, and you'd help save the Earth!

#5 Juliebove

Juliebove

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:30 PM

I don't think much is safe there at all. Looks like mostly individual ingredients. Like a hamburger patty. I don't think the tacos are safe at all.

#6 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:01 AM

August 24, 2011

On their site, Jack in the Box lists their ingredients (as of Aug 24, 2011), which is marginally helpful as long as you know the chemical forms of hidden gluten. Note, however, the company does not say which ingredients might have come down gluten-contaminated production lines at their source. Cross-contamination in the restaurant could also be a big concern, as the teenagers are probably flopping the food around without the least thought of a crumb being dangerous.

http://www.jackinthe...ingredients.pdf

I looked at the ingredients list, and it is actually quite helpful. Compound ingredients are broken down in parentheses, and some of these are further broken down. They aren't hiding anything. There are "contains" statements for major allergens, which includes wheat. So if gluten is hiding, it is hidden barley. I saw one item with malt vinegar clearly listed.

Today, there are very few "chemical" names which are red flags for possible gluten. Wheat can not be hidden anymore.

CC in the restaurant is always a possibility in any restaurant.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: