Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Peanut Butter

11 posts in this topic

Hi, It was great to find this forum. I was diagosed 4 years ago, but hve been dretty much on my own. Does anyone know whaat kinds of peanut butter we celiacs can eat? I read the other day that we could have Jif , but when dI checked the label I noticed that it has hyddrogenated oil in it. I was under the impression that we couldn't have that. Could someone help me. Thanks so much. Carlena

Ads by Google:

I know Smuckers peanut butter is gluten-free.

Hope this helps

Skippy is gluten-free as of 02/03-you may want to check with them.

Teddys Peanut Butter is gluten-free and is made is a gluten-free enviorment.

Skippy is gluten-free (I use it)

Jif is gluten-free

Reese's PB is gluten-free (I've heard)

hyddrogenated oil in it. I was under the impression that we couldn't have that

I have never had a problem with hydrogenated oils. They do not have gluten in them to my knowledge. They are just horribly fatty and gross but they don't have gluten in them

Jif creamy is gluten-free, Jif Crunch is NOT...........I got horribly sick from it.

oh....really?.....I only use the creamy, anyway, which is probably why I didn't know, but for some reason I thought that they were all fine...thanks.

-celiac3270

Just curious where you got the info, because I understood that all Jiff was fine. Thanks.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

I contacted Jif because I wanted to get accurate info. I got a call from Jif this morning. ALL of their Peanut Butters are gluten free, but they always encourage you to read labels.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

*Skippy is also gluten-free

I have always enjoyed "All Natural Peanut Butter", even as a child. They contain peanuts and salt...nothing else.

The only problem with these types of peanut butter is that you need to stir in the oil at the top of the jar which means you pretty much need to empty the jar into a bowl and mix it up good. I use the food processor...it is a little messy but it only happens at the start of a jar and that only happens every couple months.

Enjoy a peanut butter and Jelly sandwich on a gluten-free waffle !! I haven't yet (8 months since diagnosis) found a bread I like and the waffle works great.

Best wishes:-)

I have been eating Laura Scudders. The ingredients are peanuts and salt. Plain and simple. I have it on rice cakes for breakfast with a banana. It is a little runny and you have to mix it up but it does give me enough to keep me going till lunch