Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Pediatric Gi In Ny/long Island

3 posts in this topic

My children's pediatrician is finally tired of hearing me say

"I want my children tested"

He than says "But they are growing fine."

To which I say "I grew fine for 28 years before I found out."

Now I have an appointment w/ the pediatric GI at Schneider's Children Hospital and I hope he is open to the symptoms I see and won't poo-poo my fears and concerns. I get all flustered when I'm with the dr.s that I forget all my great points I think of when I'm at home feeding my children.

If anyone here has dealt with these dr.s, I would like opinions as well as any names of other GI peds in the NYC/LI area.

---Suzanne

Ads by Google:

Sorry, I live in California, so I can't help with the doctor question, but I wanted to say the same thing happens to me when I go to the doctor ai forget most of what I wanted to talk to them about. My advice: WRITE IT DOWN. This is the only thing that has helped me to remember all those things I don't want to forget. Especially when you are meeting a new doctor, you want to be able to remember all of their symptoms and other such information.

God bless,

Mariann

You might want to call the Celiac Disease Center at Columbia Presbyterian in NYC- they might be able to recommend a ped who is familiar with celiac disease.