Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Post-healing...

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone ,

Before I was gluten-free, I never had the best stamina. I've always been a runner, but a little slow. I cycle, but a little slow. Rollerblade... A little slow.

Anyway.

Week One of gluten free was great - my runs were actually getting better. But, like most, I got sicker before I got better. My internist said 'no' to exercise, as I dropped to an exceedingly low weight - and for awhile, I couldn't really move, anyway.

I look forward to the day that I can exercise once again, even if I realize it might be slow and steady. I am curious whether anyone has experienced improvement in their stamina or likewise? I am wondering now, that perhaps my mystery illness was misguiding me into thinking that I was a sub-par athlete.

Ads by Google:

I never used to be capable of much physical activity at all. Now I walk, bike and lift weights nearly everyday.

thanks for your reply!

i was quite active before hand, so i am hoping that this will improve everything even more so.

My stamina and speed have definitively improved. The only exception is when I've been glutened, then I'm a noodle! I've learned not to exercise other than maybe take a leisurely walk when I've recently been glutened, it just makes me feel worse. But other than that, oh yeah. I've improved a lot. I hope you will too!

Pauliina

I find I have bundles more energy at the gym.. longer workouts, more efficient.. and much better stamina.

It's great!!

I am so shocked at how much more stamina/endurance I have now.

For me, nearly a year gluten-free I still have problems with stamina. I try to do 30 minutes of advanced tae-bo every morning but some days I can't manage 15 minutes. I just have no energy at all.

More worrying, lately I have noticed my co-ordination is haywire. This is new.

Perhaps my problem is due to my Gilbert's Syndrome. No idea.

Hope you have better luck!!

Yvonne