This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Fever?

flagbabyds

flagbabyds Collaborator

what do all of you take when you get a fever or take for pain relief?

i know tylenol and advil are out so what do you take?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lovegrov Collaborator

Is there something in Tylenol and Advil that you can't have? Both are gluten-free. I also take Anacin and Kroger aspirin.

richard

gf4life Enthusiast

We use children's Tylenol and children's Motrin for my kids. I use Tylenol and Tylenol PM for myself for pain and fevers.

God bless,

Mariann

Guest dasieydday76

Tylenol and Advil both have gluten in them we called the companies and they said they were not guaranteeed to be gluten-free

gf4life Enthusiast

dasieydday76,

They did not say they had gluten in them, right? They just said they couldn't "guarantee" that they were gluten free. That is because some of their ingredients may come from other suppliers and they may not want to risk legal action (some people are sue crazy!) by giving you information they cannot verify 100%. This does NOT mean they have gluten in them. I use Tylenol almost daily, and I would be very sick if there was gluten in them...

God bless,

Mariann

• 3 weeks later...
celiac3270 Collaborator

Of course, not all types of Tylenol/Advil are gluten-free, but I take advil for pain/headache relief. Before I found out that some type of Advil was gluten-free, there was this homeopathic stuff that was fine, but I found it hard to swallow...

flagbabyds Collaborator

they told me they had gluten in them and whenever i take any kind of advil or tylenol i throw up

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular

huh... I've never had a problem with advil - I use the liqui-gels... I'll have to call them (and the people who make Aleve) on that one.

flagbabyds Collaborator

we called a gluten free pharmancy and they said that advil coats them with flour some days and doess't other days so if you get a good batch you should be fine but if you get a bad batch then you will ger sick.

celiac3270 Collaborator
we called a gluten free pharmancy and they said that advil coats them with flour some days and doess't other days so if you get a good batch you should be fine but if you get a bad batch then you will ger sick.

Yuck...really? Why would they coat it with flour some days, and not others? That's pretty dumb. Anyway, last night I finished an Advil bottle with a headache, so I'll be careful with my next pain reliever...

Thomas Apprentice

i thought Advil said that they were gluten-free.

flagbabyds Collaborator

If you call stokes pharmacy the gluten free pharmacy, they will tell you that the only 100% gluten free over the counter pain reliver is glodline baby asprine but they can compound you a gluten free ibuprophine if your doctor sends them a prescription, we called them when i was getting sick from advil. the only gluten-free tylenol is Grape Suspension and i can't swallow liquid at all

• 7 years later...
Ally657 Newbie

This is quite an old post so here's some updated information on the matter. I also live in Canada where labelling laws seem to be different. I was having some bad reactions and decided to further investigate what I was consuming. WARNING: Advil Liqui-Gels (green colored capsules) have gluten in them. It's found in the sorbitol from what I remember the Customer Rep telling me. I also asked them to e-mail this information so I had a hard copy. I'll post this when they send it.

• 2 weeks later...
Taylor Darby Coben Newbie

You should try taking generic ibuprofen because it isn't coated at all. I've never gotten sick from either... the generic form or Advil. Maybe it's coincidental that you are getting sick... also, sounds strange, but if you may actually be making yourself sick. I don't want to say that it's all in your head, because I don't know you and that would be rude, but don't think about getting sick from them next time you take it and see what happens... the generic form though. (:

kareng Grand Master

You should try taking generic ibuprofen because it isn't coated at all. I've never gotten sick from either... the generic form or Advil. Maybe it's coincidental that you are getting sick... also, sounds strange, but if you may actually be making yourself sick. I don't want to say that it's all in your head, because I don't know you and that would be rude, but don't think about getting sick from them next time you take it and see what happens... the generic form though. (:

Watch the dates on the posts. This is a 7 year old thread. Not likely the original poster will seel your comment.

Archived