Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

My Poop

10 posts in this topic

tell me, please, if this sounds familiar

it's a healthy 'feeling' poop, comes out okay. i eat a lot of fibre, so i don't have problems going.

often there is a 'film' of poop... like thin excess that floats on the top. the whole poop doesn't float. just this thin, poopy film.

does ANYONE know what i'm talking about?

Ads by Google:

A healthy intestine will produce a moderate amount of mucus to help the poop glide along. :) maybe that's what you're seeing?

Pauliina

I think it's probably the mucus too.

so this is a good thing? like, a healing type attribute, perhaps?

Yes, I think so. Especially since you don't have trouble going, and it doesn't float, sounds like a healthy, normal poop to me. Congratulations! :D:D:D

Pauliina

Yay, way to go for easy sinking poop! Mine only sinks every now and then and I practically have a party!

Yay, way to go for easy sinking poop! Mine only sinks every now and then and I practically have a party!

Isn't that so funny? :P This may be one of the few boards on the Internet where people celebrate their poop!

Okay...I just have to ask...I have heard lots of examples of weird poop, but what would "normal" poop look like? My mom and I have this ongoing discussion about where or not our poop should float...I say 'no' and she says 'yes'.

There's a pamplet at the health food store that always cracks me up, but it talks about colon health and healthy poops and it says that a healthy poop should float for a few seconds then gently sink! One of my friends and I laughed in hysterics one day reading this pamplet... But there ya go, that describes a healthy poop! :P:D

I might ask your doctor about the film because mine seemed extremely interested to know whether or not I had a slimy film on my poo...of course at this point I didn't know the medical problem i was getting in to and hadn't really paid much attention,now I turn and take a look before I flush!! :lol: