Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Need Relief From Bloating And Gas Please

27 posts in this topic

all in all I seem to be a little better, though I was better the first month, now I seem to be having lots of bloating, that gets worse as the day goes on, my belly grumbles and I also have more gas than ever. gas x helps a little but not enough.

any ideas to help this? do you get this too?

I wonder if the citrucel is making it worse, though I've been taking it for about 7 months

thanks. Betty

Ads by Google:

I used to take Revitalx powder supplement for my bloating and gas. Worked like a charm. I still use it once in a while. I buy it at Whole Foods.

thanks, I'll look for it this week, gax x is not strong enough :angry:

I take Zantaz 150, seems to work for me most of the time.

is that OTC?

yup.....I am also on generic prilosec am and pm for gastritis and LARGE hiatal hernia.

I only use Zantac when I really need it.

Hope that will help you. I hate the bloating, I never thought I would get excited about pooting. :blink:

are you lactose intolerant? had a sudden increase in fiber intake?

yesl I'm LI but have not been eating dairy, no more fiber than normal. I've always had a problem but its gotten very bad the last couple weeks, I just ate 2 chicken tenders and 1/2 potato, feel like I'm going to blow up :blink:

I also have gastritis, none of the RX meds helped, tried them all, thats why I'm looking for a natural remedy

Is your Gas X gluten free? Here's the info I have on Gas X from April 2005:

GasX (Novartis) (800.452.0511) (v?=07/02)

Softgels (gluten-free, contains corn and maltodextrin)

Chewable Tablets (NOT gluten-free)

It looks like the chewables are NOT gluten free. I wonder if that's part of the problem.

thanks for thinking of me :D I have the soft gels

I've been using Phazyme on the advice of my GI. The softgels are gluten-free. The fast dissolve tablets are not.

I also have gastritis, none of the RX meds helped, tried them all, thats why I'm looking for a natural remedy

Have you changed your diet since your gastritis diagnosis? Gastritis can often be greatly helped by elminating offending foods. What gas-x were you taking? Do you ever have periods of relief? An option would be to keep a food/symptom journal and do a rotation diet to ck for a specific food or ingredient that might be causing your symptoms.

Sorry you are not feeling well! It could just be your body is still healing. I know that I have had some weeks like that where I couldn't pinpoint what the issue was and then the next week was better. For what it is worth, my old gastro told me that Gas X was worthless for intestinal gas....so maybe that is why you aren't getting total relief? Are you using soy to supplement for the dairy? I found that I can't do soy now either and get the same symptoms (gas/bloating) that I did with the lactose/dairy.

Hope you feel better soon.

I don't eat any butter, mayo, spicey foods etc..still having problems

I did start out with soy milk and have switched to rice, that seems to help.

Dragging up a really old post. Anyone else frustrated with the new system and lack of search options?

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has info more recent about whether any of these are still gluten-free? Thanks!

BTW I take phazyme softgels, but don't always feel like they work enough. Maybe I should take 2?

I used to take Revitalx powder supplement for my bloating and gas. Worked like a charm. I still use it once in a while. I buy it at Whole Foods.

I take Zantaz 150, seems to work for me most of the time.

I've been using Phazyme on the advice of my GI. The softgels are gluten-free. The fast dissolve tablets are not.

do you have other habits which could be getting a lot of air into your system? any carbonated beverages? sipping a lot of hot beverages? a lot of throat clearing? you can take in a lot of air with your drinks and food (even if it's just water) depending on how you drink, and if you're not the body type that burps it out, it'll come out the other way. I have issues with that occasionally (and I don't drink carbonated beverages except once in a blue moon, and both the burping and gas are distinctly increased with that one!), and have to be careful with swallowing too much air.

(yeah, I know it's a long shot, and almost certainly not it, but I thought I'd mention it, just in case. :) )

What brand of rice milk are you using ?

Probiotics help me! B)

good luck!

sickchick

do you have other habits which could be getting a lot of air into your system? any carbonated beverages? sipping a lot of hot beverages? a lot of throat clearing? you can take in a lot of air with your drinks and food (even if it's just water) depending on how you drink, and if you're not the body type that burps it out, it'll come out the other way. I have issues with that occasionally (and I don't drink carbonated beverages except once in a blue moon, and both the burping and gas are distinctly increased with that one!), and have to be careful with swallowing too much air.

(yeah, I know it's a long shot, and almost certainly not it, but I thought I'd mention it, just in case. :) )

I drink soda occasionally. Mostly i drink a lot of water, not much else. I do notice that I have more air when I drink soda. I burp a lot, but also get it out the other end <_<

What brand of rice milk are you using ?

currently, just almond milk. And not much of it. Although I haven't completely gone off dairy yet...working my way to that :rolleyes:

http://www.glutenfreedrugs.com/list.htm

Here is a current listing with some options. (updated 12-07)

Oh and thanks for this!

I have been feeling less well this second month gluten-free. Same problem. I'm becoming almost parranoid about CC and suspect products and I'm just off to Wholefoods to get gluten-free shampoo and toothpaste in case it's they have been bothering me. I also have recently realised that the soy in Burts Bees lipsalve now makes my lips swell and sting so I wonder if I am becomming more sensitive to soy as I did test posative in a skin allergy testing. I should really get Enterolab testing but all this info is both wonderful and overwhelming.

thanks anyway for the great tips. Hope you feel better. :)

Dragging up a really old post. Anyone else frustrated with the new system and lack of search options?

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has info more recent about whether any of these are still gluten-free? Thanks!

BTW I take phazyme softgels, but don't always feel like they work enough. Maybe I should take 2?

I took a Zantac 150 yesterday evening but it didn't get rid of the bloated feeling entirely. I woke this am slightly better but afraid to eat breakfast until 10.30 despite being really hungry and now feel really bloated again. I am trying a soy free day (already gluten-free 2months, lacotose free 1 month, cassein free 3 weeks). Do probiotics help or hinder the problem?

I took a Zantac 150 yesterday evening but it didn't get rid of the bloated feeling entirely. I woke this am slightly better but afraid to eat breakfast until 10.30 despite being really hungry and now feel really bloated again. I am trying a soy free day (already gluten-free 2months, lacotose free 1 month, cassein free 3 weeks). Do probiotics help or hinder the problem?

sorry not paying attention! Looks like I need to take my probiotics and B12 again. :)

i've only been on the probiotics a couple weeks, and haven't really noticed a difference either way.

i might try what Tiffany said, and cut out my supplements when i go on the elimination diet, and add them back in to see if i have any allergic/sensitivity reactions to them. i'm really starting to think that this diet is the only way for me to figure out what my body can handle. i've wasted my time and money on tests that still haven't helped me feel better! Good job on cutting out the gluten, lactose and casein!