#16 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:15 PM

http://www.glutenfre...gs.com/list.htm

Here is a current listing with some options. (updated 12-07)
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:19 PM

do you have other habits which could be getting a lot of air into your system? any carbonated beverages? sipping a lot of hot beverages? a lot of throat clearing? you can take in a lot of air with your drinks and food (even if it's just water) depending on how you drink, and if you're not the body type that burps it out, it'll come out the other way. I have issues with that occasionally (and I don't drink carbonated beverages except once in a blue moon, and both the burping and gas are distinctly increased with that one!), and have to be careful with swallowing too much air.

(yeah, I know it's a long shot, and almost certainly not it, but I thought I'd mention it, just in case. :) )
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#18 Takala

Takala

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:54 AM

What brand of rice milk are you using ?

#19 sickchick

sickchick

but you don't look sick.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:50 PM

Probiotics help me! B)

good luck!
sickchick
Collette

Positive Bloodwork Oct 1st 2007. Gluten-free 3 YEARS Oct 1st!
Dairy & Soy free since Dec 1st 2007.
Potato free since January 3rd 2008.
Remaining Nightshades since April 1st 2008. Back on September 2010. :)
Developed Rice & Tapioca & Corn Intolerances...
NO Carageenan.

In a constant state of evolution... sending love! :)

#20 Sweetfudge

Sweetfudge

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:38 PM

do you have other habits which could be getting a lot of air into your system? any carbonated beverages? sipping a lot of hot beverages? a lot of throat clearing? you can take in a lot of air with your drinks and food (even if it's just water) depending on how you drink, and if you're not the body type that burps it out, it'll come out the other way. I have issues with that occasionally (and I don't drink carbonated beverages except once in a blue moon, and both the burping and gas are distinctly increased with that one!), and have to be careful with swallowing too much air.

(yeah, I know it's a long shot, and almost certainly not it, but I thought I'd mention it, just in case. :) )

I drink soda occasionally. Mostly i drink a lot of water, not much else. I do notice that I have more air when I drink soda. I burp a lot, but also get it out the other end <_<

What brand of rice milk are you using ?

currently, just almond milk. And not much of it. Although I haven't completely gone off dairy yet...working my way to that :rolleyes:
Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT
Gluten-free since June 2006
Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991
Dairy-free for good since summer 2008
Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008
Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(
Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

#21 Sweetfudge

Sweetfudge

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:38 PM

http://www.glutenfre...gs.com/list.htm

Here is a current listing with some options. (updated 12-07)

Oh and thanks for this!
Sweetfudge

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

#22 Gwen B

Gwen B

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:13 PM

I used to take Revitalx powder supplement for my bloating and gas. Worked like a charm. I still use it once in a while. I buy it at Whole Foods.

I have been feeling less well this second month gluten-free. Same problem. I'm becoming almost parranoid about CC and suspect products and I'm just off to Wholefoods to get gluten-free shampoo and toothpaste in case it's they have been bothering me. I also have recently realised that the soy in Burts Bees lipsalve now makes my lips swell and sting so I wonder if I am becomming more sensitive to soy as I did test posative in a skin allergy testing. I should really get Enterolab testing but all this info is both wonderful and overwhelming.

thanks anyway for the great tips. Hope you feel better. :)
gluten free 11/1/07
CF, SF, 02/08
posative Enterolab results 3/11/08
HLA-DQB1, Allele 0303
HLA-DQB1, Allele 0609
Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,1 (subtype 9,6)

#23 Gwen B

Gwen B

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:06 AM

Dragging up a really old post. Anyone else frustrated with the new system and lack of search options?
Anyway, just wondering if anyone has info more recent about whether any of these are still gluten-free? Thanks!
BTW I take phazyme softgels, but don't always feel like they work enough. Maybe I should take 2?

I took a Zantac 150 yesterday evening but it didn't get rid of the bloated feeling entirely. I woke this am slightly better but afraid to eat breakfast until 10.30 despite being really hungry and now feel really bloated again. I am trying a soy free day (already gluten-free 2months, lacotose free 1 month, cassein free 3 weeks). Do probiotics help or hinder the problem?
gluten free 11/1/07
CF, SF, 02/08
HLA-DQB1, Allele 0303
HLA-DQB1, Allele 0609

#24 Gwen B

Gwen B

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:18 AM

I took a Zantac 150 yesterday evening but it didn't get rid of the bloated feeling entirely. I woke this am slightly better but afraid to eat breakfast until 10.30 despite being really hungry and now feel really bloated again. I am trying a soy free day (already gluten-free 2months, lacotose free 1 month, cassein free 3 weeks). Do probiotics help or hinder the problem?

sorry not paying attention! Looks like I need to take my probiotics and B12 again. :)
gluten free 11/1/07
CF, SF, 02/08
HLA-DQB1, Allele 0303
HLA-DQB1, Allele 0609

#25 Sweetfudge

Sweetfudge

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:15 PM

i've only been on the probiotics a couple weeks, and haven't really noticed a difference either way.
i might try what Tiffany said, and cut out my supplements when i go on the elimination diet, and add them back in to see if i have any allergic/sensitivity reactions to them. i'm really starting to think that this diet is the only way for me to figure out what my body can handle. i've wasted my time and money on tests that still haven't helped me feel better! Good job on cutting out the gluten, lactose and casein!
Sweetfudge

#26 mmf

mmf

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

Good-old tums (or generic calcium carbonate), lots of water and then couple tylenols because I get and atrocious headach. Also staying away from the ofending food, always is a restaurant and has gluten ingredient I did not know about.

#27 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

Good-old tums (or generic calcium carbonate), lots of water and then couple tylenols because I get and atrocious headach. Also staying away from the ofending food, always is a restaurant and has gluten ingredient I did not know about.

Just an FYI - Because this is an over 4 year old thread, most of these posters are not currently active on Celiac . com.

There are more current threads about this topic with active members.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: