This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Where Do You Order Online?

mat4mel

mat4mel Apprentice

I want to order:

1) Tinkiyada pasta.. in bulk preferably. Does anybody order this online?

2) Baking flours, etc.. I want to try to make my own breads, waffles, pizza crusts, etc. Where do you order your flours?

3) I want to order some already made bread (for sandwiches) and especially hamburger buns, as we are about to travel these would be really convenient.. what's the BEST hamburger buns and bread you have found online?

Thanks!

Mel

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mat4mel Apprentice

I forgot to ask.. how long do breads, hamburger buns, etc. stay fresh? Can they be frozen?

plantime Contributor

I don't know about the pasta, but you can get the flours and breads at The GlutenFree Mall, unless you are outside of the US. I use the quinoa pasta, I like the taste and texture. I saw gluten-free bread frozen at both of the health food stores I shopped at last time, so I don't see why you can't freeze it. If you are the only one eating it, try freezing it in packages of two or three slices. That way, you only thaw what you need.

gf4life Enthusiast

I buy my pasta at Whole Foods. Never bought it online.

I get most of my flour at Whole Foods, too, but I have bought some from Open Original Shared Link and from the Open Original Shared Link .

I only buy Open Original Shared Link breads. They are supposed to be frozen, since they don't have any preservatives in them to keep them fresh on the shelf. They also make hotdog and hamburger buns, but I haven't tried them yet.

God bless,

Mariann

zippyten Newbie

Hi:

I've tried Kinnikinnick's hamburger buns and they are really surprisingly good, as are their bagels, believe it or not, and I live in New York. The texture and taste are not the same as the real thing, of course, but they are tasty and give at least the illusion of reality. Let's face it, when you crave a burger, putting one on corn tortillas just isn't the same. At least for me.

I keep their bread, bagels, and buns in the freezer and just toast them lightly before using. By the way, their pre-made pizza crusts, though a little weird looking, are also decent with good sauce, cheese, and toppings.

I am very fond of this company; just about every single thing they make is a keeper. Even their cinnamon sugar doughnuts...

Ellen

angel-jd1 Community Regular

I personally do not really care for Kinnikinnick's hamburger buns. They are very sweet and almost like cake!! I prefer to just have the burger without the bun. I sometimes just wrap it in lettuce leaves. They DO however have some pretty good doughnuts!!! Not light and fluffy, but pretty darn good.

I DO enjoy the Gluten Free Pantry's Chocolate Truffle Brownie Mix (buy it in 5lb bag) I also like their cake and cookie mix, it makes a great lemon bunt cake. Open Original Shared Link

For flour, I use Bob's Red Mill flours. They have a great all purpose flour. I substitute it cup for cup for regular flour in traditional recipee's and just add some xanthan gum. I also get several other gluten free flours such as white rice, tapioca, bean flours etc. I get them at my regular grocery store, but you can also order them online at Open Original Shared Link

Amy's makes a really good pizza. It is a cheese pizza with a rice crust. I take it home and add toppings that I like. I add meat, more cheese, veggies etc. This is a great pizza!! I get this at a whole foods market type store in the frozen foods section. Amy's also has several "tv dinner" type meals that are excellent!

I have still not found a gluten-free bread that I can stomach. They all taste like paper to me!! YUCK!! I am still on the search for that.

Best wishes.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

gf4life Enthusiast

Ellen, I agree with you about Kinnikinnicks ready-made pizza crusts. My daughter and I really enjoyed eating them. It had been so long since we had pizza. Neither of us even missed having cheese on it! We just spread some gluten-free pasta sauce on top and put pepperoni on it and baked it. It was so good. My boys (who never eat pizza, only pizza crust) even liked it toasted. I cut it into wedges and toasted it for them. Next time I will order more.

God bless,

Mariann

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived