Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Delimex Taquitos?

4 posts in this topic

I got a list from Heinz and they said that their Delimex chicken taquitos are gluten free. I am sort of shocked that there is actually a frozen food that I can feed my kids... not to feed them all the time or anything, but for a quick supper when I don't feel like cooking. I was reading the label and saw Textured Vegetable Protein (soy)... I thought TVP was on the list of "bad" ingredients? Anybody ever try these and have an opinion?

Mel

Ads by Google:

It was on the list because no one knew what is was made of. Your' specified soy, so it is alright. Do they have beef in those things?

trader joe's has a couple of gluten-free frozen items as well. (not a lot, but some.)

I went to the Delimex website...here is what I found there in their frequently asked questions section. It only talks about wheat gluten, not rye, barley and oats so it still sounds pretty questionable to me:

1) Are your products free of wheat gluten? The following products are free of wheat gluten:

Beef Taquitos, Chicken Taquitos, 3-Cheese Taquitos, Pepperoni Pizza Taquitos, and all our

Tamales.

http://www.arianainteractive.com/delimex/faqc.htm

-Jessica :rolleyes: