1 reply to this topic

#1 Jala

Jala

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 06:44 PM

I don't know if I have Celiac. I went to an allergist and she did a blood test with a local lab. I had already gone gluten free (with some slip ups) when the test was done. My results are as follows:

Anitgliadin Antibody Panel:
Gliadin AB IGA - negative
Gliacin AB IGG - negative
Wheat GF4 IGG - positive (normal is below 2.0, I registered an 8.0)
Wheat F4 IG - negative for wheat allergy

Any idea what this means? The allergist says that I don't show signs of a gluten intolerance, but that the positive Wheat GF4 IGG shows that I have a 'local gut intolerance.' Anyone else have similar results and been found to be either celiac or non-celiac?

I also tested positive for ANA (1:640 speckled). I was checked out for Lupus, but again I tested negative for all autoimmune diseases in a subsequent blood test. Is a positive ANA typical of Celiac? I know Celiac is autoimmune, but haven't seen a link to the ANA test.

I am going to a GI for full testing, but wondered if anyone had heard of tests like this, or had similar results.

Many Thanks, Jala.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 KayJay

KayJay

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 08:22 PM

I am sorry to say I do not have an answer but I would be curious about the ANA levels also. I had high ones too and was tested for Lupus but they are now normal after two years and I have only been gluten-free for about 5 months. I did ask my Dr. and he said it wouldn't make a difference but you would think it would. A lot of Dr. told me it wasn't anything to worry about but some told me it could mean something other than Lupus although they never said what and I couldn't find it on the internet either.
--I hope you find the answers you are looking for and I hope that you feel better soon.
Kayla
gluten-free since 2004!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: