This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

An Update

Danijela

Danijela Contributor

:D Hey everyone!!!

Its been soo long since ive been on... I've been really busy and my computer had some viruses so I couldn't access the internet for awhile there...

Anyways I had my appointment with an allergist on Jan 11th he ran all the usual enviornmental tests and for pets as well... then he asked me if I wanted anything special... I told him I was questioning Celiac so he decided to test me for wheat, white flour, milk and yeast..

well within seconds I was having a reacion to YEAST! he said this was quite suprising to him...

all he said was not to eat bread baked goods and doughnuts!! I thought that was funny that he specifically mentioned doughnuts lol I felt like saying do I look like i've consumed alot of em' <_<

so I cut out all yeast gluten and dairy. I've found recently that when I eat dairy products I get a stabbing pain in my stomach and the gas is unbearable I't makes me feel like I can't breath properly at times.... I've lost 16.5 pounds since I started the diet....

I've been feeling alot better however my problems with my throat and blood sugar still remain...

I believe I have some sort of insulin problem after I eat anything sweet my hands and feet go really cold I feel really hungry, jittery and aggitated... this also happens if I wait too long between meals...

My throat is killing me as well... its not really my throat it doesn't hurt when I swallow like strep or anything its more my neck below my chin it swells and hurts when I talk... it feels like a pressure is in there and its rubbing together and raw or something... its getting worse in the morning and at night when I drink it feels like its not passing throught almost like its just sitting there... its really botersome to me.

I don't know if there is any connection but i'm always cold as well my skin is actually cold to the touch all the time. I've recently started sleeping with 2 pairs of socks, pants, a shirt and sweater and a hat... because I wake up freezing and shaking in the middle of the night....

anyway if anyone can offer me any advice i'd greatly appreciate it

thank you sooo much for you time

:D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest cassidy

Hypoglycemia is likely the cause of the jittery, hungry, aggitated feeling. I have had it all my life and since going gluten free, it is gone. The symptoms come back only when I'm glutened. You can try only eating carbs that are digeted slowly - check out www.glycemicindex.com. Hopefully, after you have been gluten-free for a while it will get better.

I am also always cold all the time. I've been taking my temperature for baby making reasons and I am always 97. something. I did read a thread that there are many people like this. When I'm watching tv I keep a heating pad on me and it really warms me up. I love in Florida, and it will be 85 today and I will still be cold if I'm not in the sun.

I don't know about the throat thing. My mom gets a rash on the outside of her throat when she eats gluten and she feels like her throat is closing. I get reflux when I eat gluten and I feel it mostly in my throat. I don't know if either of those is your problem, but I would think that eating gluen could affect your throat.

Stick to your diet and hopefully you will feel better.

Danijela Contributor
Hypoglycemia is likely the cause of the jittery, hungry, aggitated feeling. I have had it all my life and since going gluten free, it is gone. The symptoms come back only when I'm glutened. You can try only eating carbs that are digeted slowly - check out www.glycemicindex.com. Hopefully, after you have been gluten-free for a while it will get better.

I am also always cold all the time. I've been taking my temperature for baby making reasons and I am always 97. something. I did read a thread that there are many people like this. When I'm watching tv I keep a heating pad on me and it really warms me up. I love in Florida, and it will be 85 today and I will still be cold if I'm not in the sun.

I don't know about the throat thing. My mom gets a rash on the outside of her throat when she eats gluten and she feels like her throat is closing. I get reflux when I eat gluten and I feel it mostly in my throat. I don't know if either of those is your problem, but I would think that eating gluen could affect your throat.

Stick to your diet and hopefully you will feel better.

It kinda feels like my throat is closing at times, and when I swallow liquids especially it feel like it is stuck in my throat for a few mins....

does anyone know if this could have anything to do with my thyroid???

my gp said my throat is really red inside... he is sending me to a new endocrinologist (sp?) I just hope he can help not like the last one!

thanks for your reply:)

kabowman Explorer

Have you noticed a pattern to the throat thing? There is yeast in vinegar so I would watch that since you have an actual allergy. That means no dressings, sauces, marinades, condiments, etc. unless you make your own and work around the need for vinegar.

Danijela Contributor
Have you noticed a pattern to the throat thing? There is yeast in vinegar so I would watch that since you have an actual allergy. That means no dressings, sauces, marinades, condiments, etc. unless you make your own and work around the need for vinegar.

Ya there is a pattern actually it flares up in the morning and in the evening and if I talk alot it really hurt my voice changes it goes hoarse it becomes hard to talk and things don't really come out right...

The pain is in my neck below my chin... thats why i was wondering if it could be my thyroid.. there is a pressure there all the time.... i don't know if anyone can relate but its kinda like when you cry and you sort of get a feeling like there is a lump in your throat <_< (don't know if anyone knows what i mean)I can actually feel thats its swollen it will be larger on one side once in a while... and it bothers me more when i drink cold or hot drinks.... so i stick to room temp and really small sips.

I had no idea there was yeast in vineger I have vineger on salads on a weekly basis..... it doesn't say anything about it on the bottle....

I'm completly lost with this yeast thing:(

key Contributor

I had something with my throat when I was pregnant with my first son and then 8 months after while breastfeeding. It was I believe my thyroid. I think it was swollen and would be worse sometimes during the day. Usually at the end of the day. IF felt like you said, that you had cried along time. It was VERY annoying. I even quit nursing my baby early to see if it would go away. It actually did. I think hormones did something to my thyroid. It was visibly swollen during pregnancy, but it did go away. That was 5 years ago and it didn't return with the next two pregnancies, thank goodness. No one could find anything wrong with me and it was very frustrating.

You should probably have something checked though. My voice never changed. Not to alarm you and this probably isn't your problem, but my cousin's wife had some rare throat cancer. It did change her voice though and I don't think she ever had relief during the day at any point. It sounds like it might be your thyroid. If you are cold, that is another symptom of thyroid problems.

Hope you figure it all out.

Monica

mommida Enthusiast

You should get your thyroid checked, by an endocronologist. The thyroid could be enlarged or it could have nodules.

Laura

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Danijela Contributor

hey!

I just noticed yesterday that the skin in the centre of my neck has changed texture and colour just in one spot.... does any one know what this is? and should i be alarmed???

I'm still waiting to hear back about my appointment with the new endocronologist

thanks

Archived