Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Rita's Water Ice

7 posts in this topic

Just wanted to let everyone know that all of Rita's water ices are gluten free except fudge brownie, choc chip cookie dough and cookies and cream. I didn't ask about the custard but they did say that they don't mix serving spoons. Also if anyone is from central Jersey there is an ice cream place called Applegate Farms and they post their glluten free icecreams-too many to list. It is by Freehold Mall.

Ads by Google:

Thank you! I just love Rita's--we have one near us :)

I guess that the Applegate Farms is now open, seems like it took forever for them to finish that. Do they list the gluten free ice creams and such in the store? I always go to Freehold Mall, so I am in the area a lot and would love to stop by there and sample some.

Tinkerbell

I believe their custard is gluten free too. I asked last summer and the manager had to contact corporate to find out. I hope they still are, their gelati's are to die for.

Applegate Farms was originally only in Upper Montclair, NJ. I used to go there are a child in the 1960's. I do however, worry about the ice cream scoopers & cross contamination. Is their soft serve ice cream gluten-free?

I believe their custard is gluten free too. I asked last summer and the manager had to contact corporate to find out. I hope they still are, their gelati's are to die for.

I realize this is a little backdated, but I just wanted to let everyone know that Rita's custard is also gluten free. This was as of 7/3/06. They actually had a notebook of FAQs and one of the questions was about their food being gluten free. B) So enjoy that gelati! I know I do!!!