#1 Hank

Hank

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 08:15 PM

Hello

I am new to this forum. Both my father and I have been wheat free for at least a year and doing well - My father is 74 and is suffering from High Blood PRessure. :( He has taken two types of medication that either make him dizzy or delirious.
Has anyone else had this experience? If so are there other medications that he can take.

Thanks for this forum. This is GREAT help in here. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_aramgard_*

Guest_aramgard_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2004 - 07:13 AM

I also have high blood pressure and after my insurance company stopped covering anything but generics my doctor tried some of the cheaper medications. I am nearly 70 and allergic to a lot of meds. The only one I didn't react to was Norvasc which is NOT generic and very expensive. So I now order it from Canada and they order it for me from New Zealand. Complicated isn't it??? I got very ill from about 4 medications. Tell your Dad to hang in there, maybe the dosage can be lowered and he would have less reaction. Shirley

#3 billfl

billfl

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 08:21 AM

I have celiac disease and also take medication for high blood pressure. When I first went on a gluten-free diet, I was taking Cozaar and was told by Merck Co that this contained gluten. They also told me that Enalapril manufactured by Mylan or Eon Labs does not contain gluten. I am taking Enalapril manufactured by Mylan, and it does not cause me a problem. The Cozaar did. When ordering, one has to be very careful to specify the manufacturer, that it must be gluten free, and is a medical necessity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: