2 replies to this topic

#1 KAthyB

KAthyB

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 04:53 PM

Our family just got back from Vinny T's of Boston (actually located in Wynnewood.PA) where the chef offered to prepare most any dish, except the pasta, gluten-free. It was the first good Italian meal my daughter had out since going gluten-free in Jan. HE prepared chicken parm using grilled chicken, marinara sauce and cheese, sauteed green beans and zucchini , roasted potatoes and even minestroni (hold the pasta) He topped off then meal with spumoni. I sooo enjoyed watching her eat something other than the typical baked potato and grilled meat. The salad dressings were all also gluten-free. I highly recommend it. I did call ahead just to make sure. The wait staff was also great. We were celebrating my middle childs grad from Wharton where we actually sat behind "the Donald". What a day!
KathyB

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jaimek

jaimek

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 05:03 AM

Kathy- Are you talking about Vinny Testas? I live right around there and used to always eat there. Did your daughter have any reaction after eating her meal? This is very exciting news!!! Just another restaurant to add to the list of ones that I can eat at and this one is very close. Did she bring in a Celiac card or did you just explain to the server about it? Thank you so much for posting this. You just made my day :D
gluten-free since 2/6/04

#3 KAthyB

KAthyB

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 09:25 AM

My daughter did not have a reaction but she doesn't have the typical GI symptoms although she is biopsy dx'd. The restaurant is Vinny Testa's and I just called ahead and asked the chef if he could prepare a gluten-free meal and he was very knowledgeable about the diet as he has a regular celiac customer. He did not need the restaurant card. I would call ahead first but even our server was celiac aware so maybe it is part of the chains training.
KathyB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: