This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

One Extreme To Another

carolp

carolp Newbie

Hey there,

I wonder if anyone out there has the same problem that I have been experiencing.

Have been doing pretty well for a while, but lately I start out by being constipated, then my body aches and my guts hurt and from there I get diarrhea, the process takes about 7-10 days.

I figure I am being glutened but what day do I start from. Before I had an instant reaction now I guess it’s a longer process,

Has anyone else had this cycle and did you narrow down the time frame?

Any advice would be appreciated

Carol

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lollie Enthusiast

Actually, I am in the same type of cycle. I don't believe that the problem is glute, I think it takes a while for the intestines to start working as they should. I have been gluten-free for about 3 months, which I know is not long, but I have noted a marked difference in my bowels. I used to only have D. Now I seem to be slightly regular, then C, then a day of continuous bathroom time, then D. I don't really know but mine is definantly a cylce. I have started probiotics and they seem to help, so far.

Hope this helps, I'll being waiting to read more responses too!

Lollie

teankerbell Apprentice

Actually I am going through this cycle - not the D and C but a slightly different bowel movement (greasy) and the stomach pains, chest burn and back burn. I can't get it to stop. Thinking I might have been glutened a couple of times and still trying to heal. But it hurts alot and I want it to stop. Only Pepto Bismol gives me some relief, but I can'tl live on that.

bluejeangirl Contributor

Its just my opinion but I think eating non-gluten breads made out of corn starch, tapioca starch, or potato starch has to have an effect on our guts. Corn starch especially, it looks like plaster of paris. I've had one of those Chebe bread mixes in my pantry for like 2 months and when I go to get it I change my mind about making it because it feels like baby powder in a bag. One things for sure if your diet is full of veggies and fruit you will not be constipated. Try to stick to the whole grains. Cereals are good at sticking to the whole grains but like I said its the breads you have to watch out for.

key Contributor

I agree so much about those breads!!! There is something just wrong about corn starch, etc. I just don't think our guts were made to handle that stuff in that quantity. I have some Energy bread on my counter and I was just looking at the expiration date and it says like a year from now!! ANything that stays that "fresh" in a bag for a year, can't be healthy in my humble opinion! Imagine your gut trying to digest that stuff.

My C problem is different. I just go irregularly for days in a row. Weird rumbling, pain in my sides and then I only go a small amount at a time, but then it isn't what you would consider constipated. It just isn't typical at all. I only get D if I get majorly gluttened and then it returns to not going and stomach rumblings! I have decided to eat gluten-free rice pasta, healthy sauces, veges steamed and fruit basically for awhile. I can't seem to get straightened out, but I am swearing off that "bread" stuff. NO more for me. I really like the Kinnickinnick English muffins and that is basically all I eat of it, but I am giving that up for awhile. Pamela's pancake mix doesn't seem to bother me as much. I have made cookies and what not out of all those flour mixes and my stomach was not happy!

Lastnight I was starving, but didn't know what to eat, so I had two banana's and that was it. I am not buying anymore of that stuff. I also had the Blue Diamond Nut thins and swear I was gluttened by them. I just don't trust alot of these companies about whether something is gluten free or not.

Ok, I am done ranting! Just upset that I can't seem to get better.

Monica

CMCM Rising Star

Sometimes I think these gluten free "substitute" copy-cat foods are possibly worse than the real thing. They definitely don't agree with me. They are full of weird things, starches, lots of sugar. Not good. :o

key Contributor

I had planned to give up my Kinnikinnick english muffins, but can't do it. I love their pizza crusts and english muffins. THey don't seem to have any direct affect on me. I have had bad experiences with several other things though. STill trying to figure it all out. THe Energy bread though, is VERY questionable in my opinion.

Monica

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest Zmom

My bowels are confused too. After 1+ gluten-free year. I know from Enterolab tests my numbers are much better and our house is gluten-free. But if I have veggies-cooked or any onion I blow up and have eye popping gut pain. I don't always think the problem is a hit of gluten anymore but just a gut and bowels that are ultra sensitive after 37 years of being "poisoned"

I make Chebe bread everyday to get a good texture I mix I packet of cinnamon chebe with 1 packet of all purpose chebe mix. We can't add the eggs so I add a little extra olive oil. (egg does add fluffyness) mix well with my hands and make bagel shapes sticks or flat blobs and cook them at 360degrees for 25 minutes on the dull side of foil on the pan the trick to texture is to let them cool completly and wrap in fool or baggies. they are more bready inside if cooled competely. if you can have eggs bake them in mini-muffin tins. They make yummy muffins that look "real" I add gluten-free vanila too-but its hard to find.

Archived