1 reply to this topic

#1 Chantalle

Chantalle

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 07:04 PM

I was really nervous about this appt. She was surprised when I told her I'd had IBS since I was 3 yrs. old. I told her the reason she didn't know was because I hadn't had the best of experiences in the past with my doctors when I discussed IBS at all with them. I believe the protocol was to soothe the patient as it was thought to be caused by stress and possibly depression or something. I felt as though my old doc was condescending. Anyway, it scared me away from ever mentioning symptoms again.

This doctor was so different. I've been seeing her for 8 years or so. She said to me "have I ever made you feel that way before?" I told her no, and it wasn't really her that I was worried about - just the feeling I carried around all these years about previous doc visits.

Anyway, long story short I'm being tested tomorrow for celiac, glucose test and lactose intolerance. I may still end up with still having IBS only and may have to continue living like this - but that I know how to do!

Not all doctors are tough to deal with. This doctor has ALWAYS sent myself and kids off for tests rather than cause worry.

Anyway, thought I'd share a good experience with you!

Chantalle

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2004 - 09:05 AM

Hi Chantalle :

Thank you for sharing your story. I think it's wonderful you have a great doctor that listens to you! I think there are a lot of them out there we just have to search until we find them!

Take care and I hope you get answers soon! But I feel like I must tell you that even if your blood test come back negative DOES NOT mean you don't have celiac disease or gluten sensitivity, it takes time to show up in the blood and to damage your villi in the small intestines.

If your test come back negative you could always try the diet for a couple of months to see if you improve or order the stool panel test from Enterolab this way of testing is more accurate than blood.

Again, I hope you feel better soon! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: