This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Love I Love I Love...

penguin

skinnyminny Enthusiast

I LOVE.....

GOD and ALL the blessings he has given me and the days he has blessed me with

MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS

SUPPORT OF LOVED ONES...

CHOCOLATE CADBURRY MINI EGGS.. I LOVE EASTER

PEANUTBUTTER..MMMMM

SWEET POTATOES

IF ITS CHOCOLATE I PROBABLY LOVE IT

FINDING A SOLID CHOCOLATE M&M IN A PEANUT BAG ITS A GREAT SUPRISE

ALL THE PEOPLE WHO DEVELOPED GLUTEN FREE PRODUCTS TO MAKE OUR LIVES EASIER

PF CHANGS..

SHOPPING

THE BEACH

THE SPRING AND SUMMER

YOGA AND PILATES

SHORT LINES AT WALMART

RUNNING INTO OLD FRIENDS

BEING OUTDOORS

SWIMMING

LAUGH

CRYING SOMETIMES MAKES US STRONGER TOO, TO GET OUT ALL OUR FEELINGS

FREEDOM

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rusla Enthusiast

I love my son, grandkids and DIL.

I love my family for supporting me in celiac disease and accepting that I have this.

I love my cats and missed them when I was away.

I love that they sleep with me and kiss me, they make me feel so good.

I love that as much as this disease is a pain that it is also a blessing in disquise.

I love travelling and seeing new things and cultures.

I love nature and all that is in it.

I love that I am eating healthier now than in my whole life. I wish I would have found this out 30 years ago.

I love going for walks and communing with nature.

I love all the fresh fruits and vegetables.

I love it when a doctor listens and doesn't treat me like an imbecile.

I love tht I found out that "bling bling" is not slang for lower private parts.

I love art, photography, music, reading and other beautiful cultural things.

I love not being glutened, having pain and having the big "D".

I love that I have found this board, the support here and that none of us ever have to feel alone in our disease.

skoki-mom Explorer

I love love love.......

My kids

Chocolate

My fabulous boyfriend

Raspberries

My little girl in her new jeans, she looks so stinkin' cute

That my friends little girl (3 yrs) has just beat cancer, woo hoo!

My friends

Scrapbooking

A hot day

Slurpees

When my house is clean (doesn't happen very often)

When you find money in the pocket of a jacket you haven't worn since last season

Christmas

Coke

Harry Potter books and movies

tarnalberry Community Regular

Good grief! Love is a strong emotion, and should be used sparingly. Too much of it could bring an excessive amount of positivity and possibly uncalled for compassion. Is there really that much in life to be so thoroughly happy and enamored of?!

So I LOVE parody. :-P (Please note that this is not to pick on anyone in particular, or to reflect on any actual person.)

I LOVE cooking. Even leaving out four little ingredients (ok, five, because I can't do dairy), there are SOO many things to eat in the world. There's always something else that you haven't tried or haven't seen or haven't done a certain way. There is always something new and tasty waiting around the corner. It's an adventure.

I LOVE sharing food. Because it's sharing that adventure.

I LOVE yoga. Also an adventure, but of a different physical nature, and a spiritual nature as well.

Guest Robbin

:) Tiffany, you are too funny! THAT'S the kind of humor I live with around here!! :)

(I, too, do not want anyone to be offended and only to feel love on this thread, there's enough bad in the world, let's all share the happiness as well as the frustrations!)

:)

Note: I mean the SNL-Daily Show-type of humor-I live with that type of humor at home ( 1-teenager and a 21 year-old -both funny as heck!! ) ;)

Rusla Enthusiast

Tiffany,

I think you should love sharing food sparingly. What if they love your food and run off with it? Then you would hate them for eating all your food. This love hate thing is a love/hate relationship and can lead to positive feelings about negative things that could cause positive results in a negative manner.

penguin Community Regular
Good grief! Love is a strong emotion, and should be used sparingly. Too much of it could bring an excessive amount of positivity and possibly uncalled for compassion. Is there really that much in life to be so thoroughly happy and enamored of?!

HAHAHA :lol: I agree, why care about others!!! It's really hard for me to remain apathetic that way! :lol:

I think you should love sharing food sparingly. What if they love your food and run off with it? Then you would hate them for eating all your food. This love hate thing is a love/hate relationship and can leave to positive feelings about negative things that could cause positive results in a negative manner.

Who in the what now? :blink:

All this feelings talk is making my brain hurt :wacko:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient
Tiffany,

I think you should love sharing food sparingly. What if they love your food and run off with it? Then you would hate them for eating all your food. This love hate thing is a love/hate relationship and can lead to positive feelings about negative things that could cause positive results in a negative manner.

Rusla--You do know that most of your readers here suffer from brain fog, don't you? :D

Lollie Enthusiast

Okay i'll try this free Love thing!!!!HAHAHA

I love my children, my beautiful girls that are the absolute best thing that has ever occurred in my life, my best work, my hardest job, my joy.

I love my husband for lots of things that would take too much space to put here, but I will say that it was he who figured out the gluten/celiac correlation in my health.

I love my mom, and I miss my Dad horribly, but I love the things of him that make me, me.

I love this forum, I love being able to come here and feel like have a great multitude of friends!

I love art, especially pottery and sculpture.

I love that other people love my art and want to buy it!

I love my home, my family, my friends, and my life.

I love God for all that He continues to do for me and others!

Lollie

tarnalberry Community Regular
Tiffany,

I know where you're coming from, because I found that to happen when my inlaws were over and devoured all the muffins I made very quickly. I didn't hate them for eating all my food, but I was hurt that they didn't consider their actions. Of course they didn't consider the fact that having muffins around was a special thing for me - my mother in law makes muffins every weekend and has stores of them in the freezer! It really was a compliment, but you're right that it was frustrating. But overall, I love cooking, and I like sharing that love. I don't buy specialty stuff, for the most part, and if there's something I don't want someone to deprive me of, I won't share it, obviously. :-D

Most things that we love are also places where we can be hurt, so we always have to be aware of that.

barbara3675 Rookie

Tiffany.......after reading all the love on this thread, I was feeling so good and wanted to add to it until I got to your addition and it sent me back to the I Hate thread.

bluelotus Contributor

Ohh, Tiffany, what were your muffins? I can't eat dairy either, so I'm interested in what you did. Are these on the recipe thread? Sorry to distract from the love :)

floridanative Community Regular

I love too many things about my hubby to list here but I will have to list one thing: after almost 17 years of marriage, he finally puts paper towels down on the counter when he makes his sandwiches for work...hence no crumbs to make me sick. For years I asked he do this as I'm a bit of a neat freak but no....that's too much trouble. The morning after my dx, down went the paper towels and he's never forgotten them since!

I love that I feel better than when I was 30 - I'm almost 43 now.

I love my family for not treating me like a freak....well so far at least.

I love that after 15 years of my Mother not feeling well, my dx led to her's this past Monday. And I love that I can help her through this scary thing called the gluten free diet/lifestyle.

I love that after never cooking except during the holidays, I now really enjoy it...had to give my ex-chef hubby a break from feeding me 24/7 since we don't eat out as often as we used to.

I love that since my stomach isn't bloated anymore, I can now fit into all my 'skinny' clothes....many of which I could not fit into for years!

I love that I was lucky enough to find this support group, without which I could still be walking around bloated, taking iron pills forever, and continue to get sicker as years went by. You people saved me from that fate by teaching me that I know more about my body than any doctor ever will! Those of you I'm talking about...there are too many to name personally but I will forever be grateful to each one of you.

I love that I was raised by moral, wonderful caring parents and that my Mother told me from early on I could do anything I wanted in life...and I have done just that!

I love that's it's Friday and it's sunny and over 60 degrees here today!

I love that I'm going to a b-day/tea party tomorrow where I have to take all my own food and the scones I made are better than the hostess' homemade ones! And I love that I'm NOT about to share any of my yummy food - gluten-free salmon/cream cheese sandwiches, goat cheese/cucumber sandwiches, gluten-free brownie to have in leiu of b-day cake.

I love that God led me to a quick dx of Celiac and now I'm going to tell everyone I meet what it is in hopes that I can help them or someone they know....to date I've prompted more than my Mother to get tested....none of whom are relatives.

I love that I only have two more weeks of physical therapy and then I too can get back into yoga which I also love.

I love that after thinking my life was over post dx, I found a group of people here in town that meet once a month to eat out gluten-free and share where it's safe to eat safely in town, where to shop for the best priced gluten-free sutff...and just share this wierd thing called Celiac.

I love going to the movies and eating a whole bag of gluten-free popcorn by myself....in lieu of dinner of course.

I love that you can take your own gluten-free pasta to the Old Spaghetti Factory and my favorite sauce there is gluten free. And that I found EnerG rice spaghetti that's faster cooking than Tinykyada, hence shorter wait at OSF. Now if they could just make me a big loaf of gluten-free cheese bread life would be perfect! Maybe I'll take my own bread in too.

I love that ChelsE started this thread and that I had time to read it and be a part of it. B)...oh and that I can always count on Rusla to make me laugh!!

Rusla Enthusiast
Rusla--You do know that most of your readers here suffer from brain fog, don't you? :D

Patti--I sure do but I cleared mine long enough to write that. I have my moments. :D

Mahee34 Enthusiast

I love monkeys

I love my puppy (isn't she cute!!!!)

I love sports especially Field Hockey

I love my friends and family

I love living alone because you don't have to clean your apartment if you don't want to :)

I love ice creaaaaaaaaam

I love the fall

annnnd I love the number 8 and the letter Q

aikiducky Apprentice

I love that my husband found gluten free licorice for me! And that he's so careful with washing dishes! :wub:

And I love the licorice. :D

I love love love my job, and I love that I can say that I love my job... :lol:

I love dates, and pork chops with mushrooms, and applesauce with coconut cream (have I gotten anyone to try that yet, I've been singing the praises of applesauce and coconut cream for a week at least?).

I love how I feel just now after doing sports for two hours!

I love reading this thread. :D

Pauliina

juliuspeppers Newbie

I love Texas and That 70's show.

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Sheesh! I feel like I'm in San Francisco in the 60's with flowers in my hair!!! B);)

Okay, I'll join in the lovefest!

I love that God blessed me with four children after I was told by doctors I had a 50/50 chance of EVER being able to conceive.

I love when my boys fall asleep in my arms.

I love when they make you feel like they are the centre of their universe.

I love it when my kids say "Mom, I really love you" totally out of the blue, for no apparent reason.

I love the fact that after 13 years of marriage, my husband still makes me heart skip a beat just by giving me "that look".

I love fate for the day back in 1988 that I was blessed with meeting my hubby (his baseball team used to get the girls from my baseball team as ringers to enter tournaments..... As the saying goes: Baseball's been veddy, veddy good to me!" ;)

I love a drive through cottage country here in Ontario in the fall and see the wondrous, spectacular colours that nature gives us.

I love every once in awhile, I smell or hear something that brings back wonderful memories of my childhood.

I love the musty, concrete smell of an unfinished basement.

I love all my friends I have found here who have helped me through some tough times.

I love the fact that there are young people in this world like celiac3270. Give me hope for the future of the world.

I love making love.

I love it when hubby and I get to make love without once being interrupted by someone calling "Mom" or "Dad" when I swear they were asleep 1/2 hour ago!

I love milk. In fact, let me elaborate: I can chugalug a whole bag of milk lickidysplit and be in heaven while doing it!

I love hockey.

I love the fact that my niece is making me proud by doing brilliantly at Cornell and I love the fact that a scholarship gave her the opportunity when we as a family could not. The girl is brilliant and I love the fact that her mind hasn't been wasted.

I love my plain gold wedding band because it has "Le Cheile Go Brach" engraved in it to match my hubby's.

I love being Irish on St. Patrick's Day!

I love that I haven't had any need lately for my shell!

I love God.

I love the fact that we moved out of the city and into a smaller town for the safety of our children and I absolutely LOVE IT HERE!

I love reading e-mails that make me laugh!

I love making newbies feel welcome on this board.

I love it when I feel that I have really made a difference to somebody here and made their life that much easier by being able to manage this disease.

I love the fact that my "love" list is alot longer than my "dislike" list.

Hugs!

Karen

jerseyangel Proficient
I love how the baby's nursery is coming together! (We put up a chair rail and painted all the trim cream. It's pistachio green above the rail and chocolate brown below it. Then I painted a tree (that turned out GREAT) and critters on the wall. All the furniture is cream except the crib which is the same brown as the wall with green bedding)

I meant to say this earlier, but your nursery sounds so adorable! :)

Guest Robbin
Tiffany,

Rusla,

We missed you! I'm still cracking up over the other thread and the "bling-bling" thing! :D Welcome back!

Guest nini

I love this love fest!

I love my husband and they way that he makes me feel

I love chocolate

I love watching my daughter sleep

I love my little Honey Dog... and her silly face

I love my house and my neighborhood and the deer that live in the woods behind my house!

I love to cook and to share my gluten-free creations with friends that just can't believe that this awesome food is gluten-free!

I love it that by going gluten-free I have lost over 100 pounds in less than 3 years!

I love my kitties and all the silly things they do

I love my massage chair!

I love to read John Grisham novels!

I love American Idol and House!

I love Extreme Makeover Home Edition

I love to paint

I love helping people and I love it when the people I help "pay it forward"!

I could go on forever, I'll spare you!

Rusla Enthusiast

Paulina-- can you tell us what brand of licorice that is? I so miss licorice sometimes.

I love that when I was on holidays and asked them if flour, bread, or wheat was used in anything that they did not look at me like I was a hydra.

I love that the chefs at the resort or who recognized me and knew what my dietary needs were.

Nantzie Collaborator

I LOVE ChelsE's picture. You look like a breath of joyous sunshine. My best friend from high school has that same gorgeous strawberry-blond hair that I always wish I could have, or at least pull off...

I LOVE that some of my favorite people in the world are right here, and I've never met them in person.

I love finding out I have celiac, or some derivative thereof.

I love that I can save myself and my kids, grandkids, great-grandkids, great-great-grandkids, etc., etc., etc., etc., from the pain, misery and loss that myself, my parents, my grandparents, my great-grandparents, etc., etc ., etc., had to go through without ever knowing what was wrong with them.

I love the fact that even though six months ago I was in so much pain I could barely take care of my kids..., now I can not only take care of my kids, but I can move furniture around, and take huge boxes up into the attic, re-arrange the attic, and am able to do more in ONE DAY now than I was able to do in six months before.

I love that my doctors were open and curious about the road I lead them down in regard to my gluten intolerance.

I love science.

I love EZ-Cheese Chedder on Ener-G Wheat-Free Crackers. (Which are also gluten-free, btw)

I love just about anything on Ener-G Crackers.

I love the Food Network.

I love realizing that just about anything that I like to eat can be made gluten-free.

I love that, after finding out about celiac, that I have discovered a love to cook that I never had before.

I love that, after my in-laws had treated me so badly after my dad's death, and after I found out about celiac, to the point where they accused me of being not only a hypochondriac, but someone who wanted to be sick and someone who was just trying to manipulate people into doing what I wanted them to do, that my MIL will call me and let me know what she's serving at a family dinner so that I can bring an alternative if I need to.

I love that even though my MIL and I butt heads, A LOT, we can still put it aside and have a lot of fun together.

I LOVE that my FIL is a hard-nosed, pissy old man. ... He's so much like my dad. It kind of makes me feel cozy.

I love the phrase, "Hopped up on goofballs."

I love Open Original Shared Link .

I love that my life experience has multiplied my compassion rather than increased my bitterness.

I love that my stepmom has found someone she cares about that is not only a caring and compassionate man, but a cheerleader and protector for her.

I love that my husband was able to buy a MUSTANG last year. He's worked his hot booty off for it.

I love my husband's hair. Red hair. Wavy. Thick. Even the gray streaks look like highlights.

I love that my 3yo daughter is the opinionated, strong-willed, independent woman that I have always aspired to be.

I love that by being her mother, I haven't (yet) cracked a smile when she does something hilarious or wonderful that I still have to get mad at her for.

I love that my 2yo son finally got flat-out, fit-on-the-ground, wall-eyed PISSED at his 3yo sister for taking his toy away from him.

I love that my 3yo daughter gave my 2yo son one of her prized posessions ( a horse sticker ) without me even suggesting it.

I love that I have the best best-friend in the world. I don't know how I could have gotten through these last several years without her.

I love that my best friend from high school has gotten away from an emotionally abusive marriage with her enormous hear still intact.

I LOVE that the last thing I ever said to my mom before she died was I Love You.

I LOVE that the last conversation I had with my dad before he died was that he finally realized that he was cute. He had a messed up mom (might have been celiac) and a messed up childhood and always thought he was ugly. Honestly, in this day and age he could have easily been a male model for Abercrombie.

I LOVE that I know enough about loss that if the worst were ever to happen to me, I would be able to tell my kids the things that they needed to know about me, about themselves, and about the endless eternity of love.

I love that going gluten free is almost (almost) more life-changing than becoming a Christian.

I love that nobody pressured me into becoming a Christian, and that the experience was as organic as taking my next breath.

I love that I love being in a multi-cultural community.

I love that there are almost more Arabian, Indian, Russian, African-American and Latin neighbors in my neighborhood than there are Caucasian-American's.

I love than in the summer when I sit out in my backyard or open my back door, I can hear the radio's and conversations of all those languages and it makes me feel at home.

I love that my neighbors feel just as much at home and just as comfortable and cozy as I do when they hear the music and conversation and language around them on a summer evening.

I love Indian music and musicals, even though I don't understand a word.

I love that now that I'm celiac, one of my life goals is to RUN, (run not walk) a 5k before I'm forty, when before celiac my main goal was to live long enough that my kids wouldn't forget me.

I love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Butterfingers, Cool Ranch Doritos, Coca Cola and TINKYADA PASTA.

I love Karen's altoids reference. hehehe!!!

I love that my husband automatically grabs the Tinkyada when he makes dinner.

I love that my husband asks me about the gluten status of ingredients when he makes dinner.

I love that my husband LOVES my Kinnikinnick Crispy Fried Chicken so much that he wants it once a week.

I love that now, when my 3yo daughter tries to run away from me at the park, that not only can I SPRINT so fast that I can catch her, but I don't run out of breath, and I have the conscious thought of how much I enjoy running.

I love that I can now understand why my dad and his mother LOVED track and field so much in high school.

I love that when I look at my 2yo son a certain way it gives him the giggles.

I love that my 3yo daughter pulls me into the living room to watch her dance in her dress-up costumes at least 5 times a day.

I love that both cancer tests that I had this year (stomach and a 6mo breast follow-up) came back completely normal.

I love that so many of my 2yo son's faces and mannerisms are so much like my dad's.

I love that my daughter's hair is the same color as my mom's.

I love that I'm healthier now at 35 than I was when I was 5.

I love that I can think now.

I love my Gazelle and my Total Gym.

I love that my husband has loved me since I was 15.

I love that now that when my husband and I re-met at our 10-year high school reunion, life had kicked me in the teeth enough to recognize that nice, honest and compassionate were the greatest strengths a man can have.

I love my husband's red hair, strong arms and the smell of his neck.

I love finding out that the El Torito Corn Cake Mix is GLUTEN-FREEEEE!!!!!!

I love that, even though they ARE 2 and 3, (ack!) my kids are happy, and I enjoy being with them.

I love action movies, straight-@ss horseradish and the smell of a barn.

I love TARGET and SUPER-WALMART.

I love that, now that I'm gluten free, being alone with my thoughts is now a quiet comfort rather than a deafening dreadful roar.

I love that my hair looks great this last month.

I love that my 130 pound yellow lab is so much of a sweet dog that he does what my 40-pound 3yo says without question.

I love that my 2yo refuses to sleep in his bed, and instead gathers up all his stuffed animals and sleeps on them in a pile while his trucks are on his bed. And I love that it drives my husband nuts.

I love the semi-high pitch my husband's voice gets when something drives him nuts. hehehehehe!!!

I love that, on Valentine's Day, instead of chocolate or flowers, my husband went to the grocery store and bought a half dozen gluten-free products from the gluten free product section for me.

I love this LOVE thread and I LOVE the hate thread. They really go together.

I love that the hate thread is so much fun.

I love that I could go on about what I love for hours and hours more.

:D

Hey, wait... Does this make me a hippy?

:lol:

Nancy

aikiducky Apprentice
Paulina-- can you tell us what brand of licorice that is? I so miss licorice sometimes..
It's a Dutch brand called HEMA. I'm afraid they only sell it over here. :(

Pauliina

darlindeb25 Collaborator

I love the feel of the ocean washing over my feet.

I love the scent of a baby's breath.

I love that first smile of a grandchild, when you know they know you.

I love to hear a baby giggle.

I love puppies.

I love to see a family of geese at the park.

I love to hear the cardinal singing to me at 4am.

I love that I have 10,000 angels watching over me!

I love a good joke!

I love a good dirty joke.

I love being held tight and knowing I am loved.

I love sunshine!

I love a thunderstorm.

I love the smell after a spring rain!

I love lilacs and roses.

Our loves do far outweigh our hates, don't they?

Deb

Archived