6 replies to this topic

#1 LUAP

LUAP

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 03:43 AM

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF SOMEONE GOT RID OF RHUMATHOID ARTHRITIS SINCE GOING ON GLUTEN FREE DIET. I MEAN COMPLETELY HEAL, NO SYMPTOMS ANYMORE. I AM ASKING THIS QUESTION BECAUSE MY BOSS HAVE THAT DISEASE AND MY PHARMACIST TOLD ME THAT IT WAS AN INCURABLE ILLNESS.

SOUNDS LIKE DEJA VU HEY...

SO IF SOMEONE CAN TESTIMONY HE COMPLETELY HEAL HIS ARTHRITIS WITH gluten-free DIET, MAY BE IT COULD CONVINCED HER TO GO ON THIS DIET.

I KNOW THAT THERE IS A LINK BETWEEN GLUTEN AND RHMATHOID ARTHRITIS LIKE OTHER DISEASE BUT IS IT CURABLE?

TANK YOU FOR ANY ANSWER OR TESTIMONY.

PAUL
Canada
Where the health cares are free, but where the doctors worry more about their bank account than the health of their patients.
gluten-free since april 2003
On the no grain diet (Mercola) and initial phase diet (kaufmann) since january 2005. healthy since january 2005

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 05:35 AM

Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease. It is not curable by any special diet. Gluten Intolerance and Celiac Disease will sometimes kick it into gear, but it does not cause it. Special diets can alleviate the symptoms, but will not cure it.
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#3 taneil

taneil

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 06:08 AM

Dr. Mercola has had success with RA when people have gone on the diet he recommends. You can get to his free newsletter that talks about it at www.mercola.com In the search box typr in Rheumatoid arthritis and you will get a lot of links to articles about it. It can for sure be helped by diet.

Hope this helps,
Taneil
Enterolab Diagnosed May 2004
gluten-free/CF and have both genes

Psalm 27:13-14
I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living. Wait for the LORD;
Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD.

#4 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 07:53 AM

Completely heal, no, I don't think so. Reforming bone and cartilage that has been broken down by the immune system is nothing at all like reforming damaged villi in a part of the body that sees more repair work naturally. It would make sense, to me, however, that going on a gluten-free diet (IF you are also gluten intolerant) could help if your body is reacting to gluten with an exagerrated immune response (hence inflammation and the rest of the chemicals that go with it) throughout your entire system. Reducing that immune response would reduce the activity of the RA. (Many RA type drugs suppress the immune system.) Whether that would get you into remission, prevent any worsening, or cause actual symptom improvement probably depends on the person.

(I'm no expert here, this is just an educated guess. :-) )
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#5 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2004 - 09:14 AM

I found this on on this website, it is a informative link on diseases associated with celiac disease. Research on Diseases and Disorders Associated with Celiac Disease

Arthritis and Celiac Disease

I hope this is helpful

#6 LUAP

LUAP

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 03:17 PM

;)
I WANTED TO SAY TANK YOU FOR THOSES WHO ANSWERD ME. YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT SAYING THERE WAS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THOSES 2 DISEASES. I'VE JUST FOUND SOMETHING PRETTY INTERESTING ABOUT IT. IT TALK'S ABOUT CELIAC DISEASE, RHEUMATHOID ARTHRITIS AND MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS (MS)...THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM.

http://www.direct-ms...ar_mimicry.html

PAUL
Canada
Where the health cares are free, but where the doctors worry more about their bank account than the health of their patients.
gluten-free since april 2003
On the no grain diet (Mercola) and initial phase diet (kaufmann) since january 2005. healthy since january 2005

#7 khyricat

khyricat

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 01:32 AM

One note- I have a cousin with RA and she (with the help of her doctor) has been able to control it mostly through diet and exercise, BUT this is a very special process.. and if she misses a single workout she is set back weeks before she can regain the pain free state.

Amie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: