#1 Fiddle-Faddle

Fiddle-Faddle

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:19 PM

Okay, this is a very long shot but:

When I was in kindergarten (or was it first grade?), I played with a little girl down the street whose mother (who was also the Brownie Scouts Troup Leader) died of stomach cancer that same year. I remember my mother telling me that the little girl's mother had had stomach problems for ages, but wasn't the complaining type, and it had turned out to be stomach cancer. They moved away very soon after she died.

With what I've learned (mostly from this board!), I'm convinced that she must have had celiac disease.

So I'm assuming that the little girl (all grown up now!) might have developed celiac disease--and might be reading this?

Tracy Stewart, are you out there?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 debmidge

debmidge

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:03 PM

Hope she surfaces...I too recall people from those days and wonder where they ended up.
Husband has Celiac Disease and
Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -
The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis
Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,
most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as
being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."
Serious Depressive state ensued
Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003
Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.
Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle
Developed neuropathy in 2005
Now has lymphadema 2006
It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

#3 Jnkmnky

Jnkmnky

Bloom where you are planted.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:07 PM

try people finders.com

I did it for you and tried to post a link to the 77 tracy stewarts that came up... but the link was empty when I checked it. I didn't put in a state. I just did the name, and it worked.
I believe in God.

#4 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:11 PM

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#5 moonunit

moonunit

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 12:34 PM

Where and when did you grow up? I have a knack for searches and maybe I can find something...? You can PM me if you'd rather not announce that info.
Diagnosed + via Enterolab, + via serology, - by doctors
gluten-free since August 2006 (with a test run from March-June)

#6 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 02:20 PM

try people finders.com

I did it for you and tried to post a link to the 77 tracy stewarts that came up... but the link was empty when I checked it. I didn't put in a state. I just did the name, and it worked.

Just for kicks I put my selfin in that and it found me , but me of about 7-10 years ago when I lived in NV. heh.

- Vincent -

#7 debmidge

debmidge

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:49 AM

since when majority of women marry they take man's last name, does people search use old name or new name or both for the search?

Also, going off topic a little, in the Obituaries I'd like to see the woman's maiden name just in case I can't tell if it's someone I used to know. Why do most Obits ignore that detail? It's almost as if her life before marriage didn't exist.
Husband has Celiac Disease and
Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -
The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis
Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,
most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as
being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."
Serious Depressive state ensued
Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003
Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.
Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle
Developed neuropathy in 2005
Now has lymphadema 2006
It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

#8 Fiddle-Faddle

Fiddle-Faddle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 11:21 AM

since when majority of women marry they take man's last name, does people search use old name or new name or both for the search?

Also, going off topic a little, in the Obituaries I'd like to see the woman's maiden name just in case I can't tell if it's someone I used to know. Why do most Obits ignore that detail? It's almost as if her life before marriage didn't exist.

As far as I can tell, just the old name. I tried my maiden name, and couldn't find anything newer than my high school address!!! (And I didn't get married til years later!)

#9 Pegster

Pegster

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 01:03 PM

Try classmates.com if you know where she graduated from high school.
PEGGY
Positive DH biopsy 4/19/04

#10 Fiddle-Faddle

Fiddle-Faddle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 05:11 PM

Thanks, hadn't heard of that one. Unfortunately, she moved away after kindergarten.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: