Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

When To Reintroduce Dairy?

3 posts in this topic

My 2 yr old has been gluten-free and dairy free for a couple of weeks, and is finally having more "normal" poops. I know it is way too soon to reintroduce dairy into her diet... but how long should I wait? I am thinking that when I do reintroduce it, I will do it slowly, like starting with butter maybe, and then work up to cheese and see how much, if any she can tolerate. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mel

Ads by Google:

Hi Mel,

I had heard 6 weeks, and it took Ashlee about that long to get those "regular poopies" so that is what we went with. I also went gradually. I had heard that hard cheese and yogurt are easier to digest, so we started with just a little bit of those and over several weeks worked our way up. When I finally gave her plain milk I olny gave her a couple ounces at a time and only with food. Now she is pretty much back to normal! She doesn't want to live off milk like she did before, but I think she was pretty much doing that because milk was one of the few things in her old diet that didn't have gluten in it! Good luck!

Michelle

I've been gluten-free for 13 weeks, and I still get occasional symptoms, so I haven't dared to introduce dairy...I'm going to wait another three weeks, or so...it's not worth it