This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

More Ranting...

num1habsfan

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

Lisa-

Again you are such a strong woman! When I was in college I didnt know what was wrong with me. I just missed classes with no real excuse. I didnt do well at all. I would be extremely proud of you if I were you. You deserve it! YOU GO GIRL!!!! If you truly want to be an accountant, it will be. Just think positively and try not to let the others who dont get it yet, get you down. We are always here, I dont always respond to peoples thread, usually b/c what I have to say has already been said. This group is the nicest and most informative group I have ever seen about any subject.

So when you are really down, just pop on by.

Tinkerbell

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

num1habsfan Rising Star

I swear to god, I am falling apart as each day passes.

I've had all of my self-faith killed thanks to my parents calling everything I do/am/say/have "poop" (the meaner version of that word really WAS the word they used).

It makes me sad that I cant even hide being sick anymore. 2 people yesterday in school told me I look really sick (even tho I was trying so hard to hide it!!)

Then today, I was talking to one of my friends from my classes, and mentioned this...and normally they only pay attention to himself and what the rest of the guys are doing :P But even HE said that I looked sick.

Also today, I get yelled at doing homework all day instead of cleaning...so that REALLY pushed me over the limit!! (i'm even more crankier).

Then the new health problems...that really ARE scaring me..

First of all, and maybe this is t.m.i., but as of this afternoon there seems to a bit of blood in my urine?? :blink: . I dont think its just my time-of-the-month, because that just finished umm...just over a week ago. And since I never know when it comes/goes, I always wear heavy pads--there is even a bit of blood on it. I really hope it IS just the time-of-the-month :huh:

And then just a few minutes ago, out of nowhere, i feel something weird in my mouth, and part of my front tooth crumbles in my finger!! (just a little tiny bit). But now I can feel a sharp point on my front tooth, and I didnt even DO anything :angry:

WHAT NEXT?!?!

~lisa~

ebrbetty Rising Star

(((((Lisa))))) I just wanted to send you a hug, wish I could help you to feel better!

plantime Contributor

Lisa, can you get in to see a gyno? You need to find out if you are having menstrual problems or blood in your urine. I am very sorry that you are having so many problems. {{{hugs}}}

num1habsfan Rising Star
Lisa, can you get in to see a gyno? You need to find out if you are having menstrual problems or blood in your urine. I am very sorry that you are having so many problems. {{{hugs}}}

Umm I could get in to see my family doctor i am HOPING tuesday morning. I'll call the office on monday, convince them thats the only day I can get in. its always hard to tell if I have menstrual problems, because since I have had celiac, its been irregular. But even just now I went to the washroom, and on the pad there is barely any blood, but more when I wipe...(sorry if that is t.m.i.)

and thanks for your *hugs*..Wish they were real :P

~lisa~

Nantzie Collaborator

Blood in your urine usually means urinary tract or bladder infection. I used to get a lot of them. Is there an emergency room or urgent care center you can get to? You should also tell them everything else that's going on. Sometimes the ER docs are a lot more alert to things than the doctors with the offices. I've never heard of an infection going away on its own. It has to be treated with antibiotics.

{{{HUGS}}}}

Geez, I wish you could catch a break, Lisa. And yes, you ARE a very, very strong woman. It just sucks to be in the middle of so much mess.

I'm glad you heard from your friend, and that he sees in you what all of us do.

You're a tough chick, Lisa. Keep your head up.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Nancy

Guest nini

Lisa,

My heart just breaks for you. You ARE very strong, your friend is right, if it was me, I wouldn't get out of bed! But here you are perservering and trying to continue to go to school and complete your class.

I cannot believe your parents are being so insensitive about this. Have you confronted them directly and asked them WHY they are not being supportive? Can't they see that you are really sick and really trying? MY GOSH... They need a serious kick in the pants. I can't believe you are being treated this way. I wish these cyber {{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} were real, I would wrap you in a big one and not let go for a long long time.

If you are having a bladder infection or UTI, until you can get to the Dr., can you drink Cranberry juice or take Cranberry supplements? Whenever I get a bladder infection or UTI, it helps so much if I drink a mixture of cranberry juice and water, just sip it throughout the day, sure I have to pee more, but it helps to flush things through... Good luck with it all.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

num1habsfan Rising Star

Thank you all, again *hugs back*

I wish my parents would be more appreciative of what I am trying to do. It'd be nice for someone to give them a kick in the butt and make them realize how hard I am trying. That good friend and I exchanged a couple of text messages, and he told me that I shouldnt worry about what my parents say, I just have to believe in myself.

I am really going to try and do that, too. If not for myself, for him and all of you here.

I'm really going to call the doctors office tomorrow morning. I got to get a note to claim my gluten-free expenses, anyways! I'm going to tell her that it HAS to be Tuesday morning I go, that I cannot afford to miss a day of classes since its coming to the end, and if I have a UTI again, I dont really want to wait. And I only have from 9 am til 10:45 am to get seen (then off to school). If I am lucky, they will sneak me in!!

Oh by the way, Nancy, the ER docs are the same as the office docs.

And its been 3 days in a row that someone has told me I look really sick, so maybe this look is here to stay!! *sighs*

Going to be such a long day tomorrow, I'm going to risk it and eat before my exam in the afternoon, but then we all know that if I fail, it was because of eating, not because I didnt know the stuff..

Thats all I got to say for now, I think!

PS: Pretty bad when even just a salad can make my tummy react!!

~lisa~

Mango04 Enthusiast

Hi Lisa - I'm really sorry you're having such a hard time. Maybe if you eat tomorrow before your exam you should stick to bland, plain food like applesauce, bannanas and camomile tea. When I'm really sick to my stomach sometimes those are the only foods that don't make it worse. Raw veggies or anything processed seems to aggrevate things. Just a thought. Wish I had better advice. I can't imagine how hard it must be to feel so sick like that.

Good luck with the doctor. I really hope you find some answers soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

num1habsfan Rising Star

Well this day started off like crap..imagine how the rest will go :P

I've been up since before 6 a.m., because for some reason, I managed to fall asleep on my SORE SIDE. The one where my pain is always there. so OMG I moved and my side jabbed me, and that was the end of my sleep (and the start of this HORRIBLE pain). If I wasnt already at school, I'd cry!! :(

added: OK, so mom called to the doc office for me this morning, and explained my situation, and even tho i dont actually have an appointment, they told me to come in at 9 am and then they'll just pretend I am there for walk-in reasons (something like a prescription refill is all they are supposed to take for walk-ins). So please, pray that I actually get an answer for some of my problems!!

~lisa~

num1habsfan Rising Star

Update:

I went to the doctors office this morning, and I'm honestly not even sure of why i bothered!!

They knew that I had to leave town by 11 a.m., and I waiting til 9:50 just to see a doctor even. And I got stuck with the one who you can say is as dumb as a doorknob :rolleyes: Honestly, she proved she is useless.

She made me give a urine sample, and said it was normal, but gave me a prescription anyways just to make sure.

She looks thru my file, and sees that there was another referral letter, BUT she doesnt even know which city it is or nothing! So i dont know who they sent me to this time even. And she showed that there was another referral letter sent back to Regina, but again, she didnt know anything about it, and didnt even READ it to tell me what they said!! GAH.

So then she wanted to feel my stomach, so I lied on the bed whatever...she said to feel my urinary areas or whatever they are called. well OMG when she pressed down there on my right side, I jumped because of the pain!! And then she pressed a bunch on my side too...so now I'm dying of pains. And told me everything was "good" and I saw on the sheet that she needs I looked "generally good" ... right, yet i get everyone else telling me I look sick.

She writes my note for income tax (which I am surprised she didnt screw up on :P ) and then tells me to go give ANOTHER urine sample at the hospital!!

So we rushed, I went home, packed my lunch and books for school, and then I went to the hospital and said i gotta leave by 11:05 so I didnt take too long, the only thing that took time was trying to pee again just after doing so not even an hour earlier!!

I havent gotten my prescription yet (like I said, ran out of time), maybe mom will get it for me.

But what a waste of time, honestly...next time i'll just miss school and get a real appointment with one of the docs that actually know what they are doing :angry:

gotta go, gonna be late for class..

~lisa~

Archived