4 replies to this topic

#1 maddie96

maddie96

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 06:30 PM

does anyone have a good pie crust recipe for pie or quiche?

someone recently suggested to me that i crumble up Pamela's shortbread cookies and use a little water to stick it together- but i want something a little less sweet that i could use for a quiche or a chicken pot pie even. [FONT=Impact][COLOR=purple][SIZE=7] :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 06:59 PM

The Gluten Free Pantry has a great pie crust mix. That is what I always use. One mix makes 2 crusts or one 2 crusted pie like cherry or apple. Anyways they are good.

-Jessica :rolleyes:
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#3 justmel74

justmel74

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 07:22 PM

The Gluten Free gourmet bakes dessert by Bette Hagman has two pie crust recipes. I tried the Donna Jo's dream pastry and found it to be even better than the real thing. Very nice and flakey.

#4 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 09:48 PM

hehehe :-) that was my suggestion! it's less sweet than you'd think, but I agree it's not good for pot pies and the like. I have heard of people using corn flakes (gluten-free ones, of course) in much the same way, and would imagine that corn flakes would make an EXECELLET pot pie crust (taste wise). not sure about the details of how you'd want to put it together, but I'm sure some experimenting would get you there.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#5 wildones

wildones

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 03:00 AM

I make a lot of quiche because my kids and I love it. I use hash browns for the crust. I thaw frozen hash browns first, press them into the bottom of a pie pan, and use a paper towel to get any moisture out of them and press them tightly into the pan. I spray olive oil spray on them and bake for @ 15 min at 425 until they start to brown a little. Then I put the eggs, swiss and cheddar cheese, veggies and meat in. It is really good, my kids like to talk about how good mom's quiche is :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: